Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$600 one way to HKG Jan 27th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
What happened? did the plane run out of fuel or was it a crew issue?
From my vantage point, it looked like it was "planned." In other word it didn't appear to be a diversion.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by tracon
From my vantage point, it looked like it was "planned." In other word it didn't appear to be a diversion.
Not according to earlier advertised. Must be a last minute change. Sorry for those thinking that they were flying non stop when they bought the ticket!

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
You will see on our website if you do a YYZ/PVG booking that it will be A345 starting in Aug when YYZ/HKG switches over to 77L.

A343 is capable of operating on YYZ/HKG, we're doing it today on AC011, the extra session flight.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The stop in YVR was definitely not planned.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 7:19 pm

I'm planning a trip to HKG in late November and returning by mid-Dec [planning the direct flight]. It appears that not many seats have been sold yet but the round-trip fare is approx. CAD$1623 all-in on ac.com and about CAD$1550 all-in on toureast [both Q fares]. Is this the cheapest it's going to get taking into account we're about 8 months away?

I could not locate any lower fare classes [e.g. L]. Should I wait a few more months to purchase hoping that AC will have a seat sale some time in the next 8 months?

Any comments would be appreciated.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Mid Dec is considered high season for that route going to HKG, your situation however is different since you are departing in Nov which is still low season. Usually the first Monday of Dec is consider start of high season going to HKG (Dec 4 2006). I would wait for a seat sale which will get you into a V class inventory. The seat sale in past years happens in mid to late Sept. I think you can get it for about $1300 all in.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 3:19 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
$600 one way for Summer 2009

Hello all,

While browsing through their website, they have YYZ-HKG for $600 o/w for pretty much all summer next year. It's a fairly good deal if you ask me.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 6:50 pm

It would be great if the fuel surcharge were not $370 for a round trip. It was significantly less when I fly to Hong Kong earlier this year.
Old Sep 1, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Hairball
It would be great if the fuel surcharge were not $370 for a round trip. It was significantly less when I fly to Hong Kong earlier this year.
And yet the cost of oil has dropped from near $150 a barrel to just above $110 a barrel. I wonder when we'll see AC drop their fuel surcharges.....
Old Sep 2, 2008, 4:39 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, AC SE, UA 1K, IC Plat A
Angry

Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
And yet the cost of oil has dropped from near $150 a barrel to just above $110 a barrel. I wonder when we'll see AC drop their fuel surcharges.....
i will be lucky if i see the drop of our fuel surcharge..which is ridiculous.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Such volatility makes it impossible to apply fuel surcharges in any but a crude fashion. A month ago, you could find most analysts predicting oil would go to $200 and if AC and other carriers had to hedge, they might have been lucky to lock futures in at $150. And now they'll get criticized for having to pay that much if indeed they did. I'd like to see you do an accurate business plan forecast under similar circumstances when your largest cost element is so volatile and defies any degree of accurate forecasting!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 4:21 am

Programs: A3*G,AC,BAEC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Such volatility makes it impossible etc etc etc
Nice try, but AC was hedging its fuel costs long before last month. As well, predictions of $200 oil didn't start last month, but rather months ago. Did AC take those predictions into account in determining how much it would increase fuel surcharges? One would imagine they did. To what extent, few people know. yyz_atc_qq's question is a fair one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.