Wiki Posts
Search

*A cost gone up? (AP)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:11 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

*A cost gone up? (AP)

What's with the new system (recently)? I try to book a *A flight, YVR-TLV...I get Y prices 130k vs 105k a few weeks ago, and J 185k vs 150k a few weeks ago.....

Is it just me, or have the *A prices gone up? If so, is it just with AP? Again if so, can they do that?
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
We've not been informed of any change the the STAR chart, though it's long overdue... I made a STAR booking to Europe I last week and the cost was as printed on the chart I've been using for years. Have you checked the actual STAR chart?
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:29 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

...don't jinx it! I haven't checked that actual chart yet, but I'll do that...
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:38 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

There has been no change to *A award levels. 105K for Y; 150K for J for *A awards between Canada and TLV.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:40 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

K..checked the charts (AC)..still say 105/150/190 (which is what I said originally)...but, in addition, I also noticed that AP's booking engine lists F *A awards at 200k! What's going on here?

UA's awards are 75/115/175...why is it different?

EDIT: Nvm..hehe..that's with UA metal, not *A..UA's *A chart is the same as AP's[list, not actual ]
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:52 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I just tried random dates and F is pricing out to 190K as stated on the chart.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by benjybl
K..checked the charts (AC)..still say 105/150/190 (which is what I said originally)...but, in addition, I also noticed that AP's booking engine lists F *A awards at 200k! What's going on here?

UA's awards are 75/115/175...why is it different?

EDIT: Nvm..hehe..that's with UA metal, not *A..UA's *A chart is the same as AP's[list, not actual ]
Each airline has its own *A chart. Some are better values than others and this can vary on what city pairs you are looking at.
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:38 pm
Flying Blue Director
Original Poster

...Well now it's acting normal....I don't know what's going.

Some times it gives me strange rates, and other times it's normal...sigh, now I look like an uninformed fool...but I swear, it was doing the wierd award rates before!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.