Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Mad as Hell J5I5 to J5I1 30 mins to midnight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mad as Hell J5I5 to J5I1 30 mins to midnight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2006, 3:22 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by BOH
@:-) Why don't we each (or those that are bothered about "I" class) each track a particular flight for a period of time. Lets say each go for 2-3 of a domestic, transborder, Canada to Europe, Canada to the far-east etc and watch the J/C/I buckets daily for a 14 day period pre the flight.

Then at the 7/4/2 day windows see what happens in the immediate hours leading up to midnight and after. We can compile a matrix and try and build a picture up of how "I" class works.

And Andrew and his Route Controller team could play the game in reverse and try and second guess which flights we are tracking. So they could then maintain a high "I" class level to show we are mistaken on the mysterious reduction just around the 7 day window. Lets see whether the pax can outwit AC or vice-versa

So who is up for this then? - might have interesting results.
I would be interested in this. May I suggest doing INTL destinations though? As it seems that I availability is not much of a problem on NA routes.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Originally Posted by shore9
I think my scenario is the most plausable here. Simon's makes sense too, but after this other example of I disappearing, who knows.
How can your scenario be plausible? Andrew, it's that darn route controller who works the 11pm-7am shift again.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:09 pm
k22
Original Poster

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Originally Posted by Simon
Andrew, it's that darn route controller who works the 11pm-7am shift again.
Or that darn computer that acts on his/her behalf!
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:53 am
k22
Original Poster

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Originally Posted by k22
Monday week's flight (7-day window closes at midnight Sunday which is what I think you are referring to) is J9 I7 at present. If past experience is anything to go by, it will go to J9I1 sometime between 11.30 Sunday night and 7am Monday morning.
Hate to tell you "I told you so" . J5I4 late last night and J5 I1 at 5.50 this morning. Bang on the 7 day window. I don't know exactly when the change took place but sometime in the last 7 hours. I'm now convinced I is left high to entice sale of Y and M seats with instant upgrade availability. Once the 7-4-2 windows opens, then I availability idrops to 1 or 0 to force us to either buy J or risk playing aerolotto.

Practice stinks
Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:18 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by k22
I'm now convinced I is left high to entice sale of Y and M seats with instant upgrade availability.
An airline trying to sell its premium cabin?

That is positively medieval!
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: AC*E, Hertz Gold, SPG
Barbaric!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.