Search

Threshold bonus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Threshold bonus

So I went online to select my 150 K threshold bonus, selected the 35K
points, and expected to see them in my account soon.

Instead, I got an immed email that says:

Dear IluvSQ:

Thank you for choosing your 2006 Air Canada Super Eliteョ privileges online洋aking your Air Canada travel experience more rewarding than ever before. A package containing your choices is now in the mail.

Here are the exclusive privileges you selected to personalize your
Air Canada experience:

35,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles
Your privileges are in addition to the benefits that you enjoy with Air Canada Super Elite status.

Within three to four weeks, be sure to check your mailbox to see if you've received them.

To see everything Air Canada and Aeroplanョ have to offer you, visit your exclusive "Top Tier - Benefit" section at aeroplan.com預nd you'll discover how your Air Canada Super Elite status can make a world of difference to your travel experience.

Thank you for choosing Air Canada and Aeroplan.

I wonder, are they going to mail these points to me one by one, or
after I get these points in the mail, what do I do to use them?
Do I mail them back to AP and ask for them to be credited, or can I
take them and buy a toaster at Future Shop?

I mean, guys, automated responses are fine, but at least tailor them
so that they are appropriate to the action!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:51 am

You get them added to your account. You get a letter later saying good job on passing 150,000 miles.

Mine had posted within a couple days of selecting the threshold bonus.

B
Old Nov 1, 2006, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I got the same e-mail, it's really just a standard text they use for all gifts. I fully agree with you, after reaching 150k status miles you can expect a more tailored one. It took three days for the miles to show up on my account.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 10:27 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
How long do you have to wait to get the notice to choose your 150K threshold bonus once you pass the 150K mark?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 10:30 pm

Oops, I just check my account and I can choose it. The option is just burried within the 2007 threshold section.

But I cannot complete the steps as it gave me an error.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 5:36 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Stupid question... I'm about to cross 150k. Where do I select my miles?
Old Dec 19, 2006, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Stupid question... I'm about to cross 150k. Where do I select my miles?
You can access it though the "Air Canada Top Tier" link. It will now show the 2007 top tier choice but if you click on the "Learn more" link in the Threshold Gift section, you will be able to access the 2006 Threshold Gift choices. From there, you can make your choice. However it does not work for me though.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 6:59 pm

SE desk is aware of the website problems regarding the selection of the threshold gifts. They told me to retry the selection in a few days.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Whereas they went through the pantomime of taking my Aeroplan number and my choice on the phone and promised me the miles would be in my account the next day.....
.....which of course didn't happen.

Seriously, if anybody at Air Canada is listening, these aren't even standard SEs, these are by definition your VERY BEST CUSTOMERS. Why, under any rational circumstances, would you jerk us around?
Old Dec 23, 2006, 8:54 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aaac
SE desk is aware of the website problems regarding the selection of the threshold gifts. They told me to retry the selection in a few days.
Looks like it's going to be a few more days Here's what they say on the AE site

2007 Air Canada Super Elite members can select Threshold Bonus Gifts at various Air Canada Status Mile levels.

An exciting world of exclusive Threshold Bonus Gifts - from gift certificates, shopping sprees or all-inclusive vacation packages to thousands and thousands of Bonus Aeroplan Miles - awaits Super Elite members. The more they fly with Air Canada and Star Alliance airlines worldwide, the more gifts they can enjoy.

For more information...
Complete details will be available on March 1, 2007 - when we officially launch our 2007 Threshold Bonus Gift program.

The 2006 selection gifts process is temporarily not available. Please visit us in early January 2007.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
But I want my 35,000 miles now (stomps foot)
Old Jan 11, 2007, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Marriott*Plutonium Lifetime, other stuff
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF

The 2006 selection gifts process is temporarily not available. Please visit us in early January 2007. [/I]
Well, it's now the 11th of January, which is not early in my book, and we are still waiting. Do other SEs find this annoying, or am I being picky?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:00 pm

I'd like my 35,000 bonus miles too
Old Jan 11, 2007, 9:46 pm

Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue...
Old Jan 21, 2007, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE
Thumbs down I've been waiting to claim my 40,000 mile bonus since mid-december

What if I needed those points to claim a well deserved bonus for having hauled my but for over 200,000 miles this year with AC?
The biggest rule in business is that you don't screw the ones that keep you in business.
The site says it will be fixed in early january. E-mail responses tell me that they are aware and are fixing it.
Why not just call or e-mail and manually put in our rewards.
All we want is what is due us.
Great loyalty building AC!!
Let them tell Bob Milton that he doesn't get his paycheck in January because of a computer error! let's see how wuickly they fix that one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.