Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC check luggage through on other airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2006, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks

Pricing out a trip that includes AC and KL flights, but will have two separate tickets, one for each airline. Wondering if AC would check my luggage through to the final destination upon checkin? Same with KL?

I recall reading somewhere that AC would not do this on two AC tickets, and wanted to ask what the extent of this is, and if it also includes international/other airline travel?
Old Oct 14, 2006, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
No as of a few months ago, AC will not check your bag through on another flight/airline if it is on a separate ticket - especially non-star.

You might want to check the KLM forum to find out if they will do it for your return flight.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:59 pm
k22

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Originally Posted by The Lev
No as of a few months ago, AC will not check your bag through on another flight/airline if it is on a separate ticket - especially non-star.

You might want to check the KLM forum to find out if they will do it for your return flight.
I can't speak for KLM but I recently travelled from YYZ to Baku (BAK) in Azerbaijan via FRA on two separate tickets. AC would not check my baggage through on to the LH flight, but on return, LH checked my baggage through on to AC. I did have to produce my baggage receipts in FRA before AC would provide my boarding pass, however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.