Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: Ottawa's Proposed Amendments for Airport Emergency Response

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

No. H120/06
For release October 10, 2006

OTTAWA – The Honourable Lawrence Cannon, Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities, today announced proposed regulatory amendments requiring all certified Canadian airports to follow a clear and consistent set of criteria when developing and evaluating emergency response plans. The proposed amendments include provisions for ensuring a more formal approach to airport emergency planning and for how the plans are tested.

"Travellers expect to feel safe when they use Canadian airports," said Minister Cannon. "These amendments will ensure that our airports have the necessary tools to successfully respond to an emergency situation."

While information on emergency response planning is currently included in the airport operations manual of each certified airport in Canada, this measure will ensure specific details on the plan's content are covered under the regulations.

Emergency response plans will require outlines of potential emergency scenarios and how each type of emergency will be handled, and identify airport and community organizations that are able to provide assistance during an emergency. The plans must also allow for making aircraft crash charts available for each type of aircraft that uses the airport.

The proposed regulatory changes were published in the Canada Gazette, Part I on October 7, 2006. A 30 day response period will follow, during which time interested parties may comment on the amendment. After careful consideration of all comments, Transport Canada will finalize the regulations and publish them in the Canada Gazette, Part II.

http://www.news.gc.ca/cfmx/view/en/i...ticleid=245119

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.