Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC: We could not find fare for the requested itinerary (5685 - 2201)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Shebamiles, WorldPerks

"We could not find fare for the requested itinerary (5685 - 2201): is what i get when trying to price a YEG-LHR trip. Anyone know what the issue is?

Also, why is LHR priced per flight, as in select the dep first, then return, while a choice of dep/return pairs is available to others like FRA?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, ac.com does that. I got bitten by it back in the summer (thread is somewhere). Welcome to the club.

(Some issue of combining different fare codes each ways. That don't let you price, even though according to the fare rules they should. And that the system doe not catch, leading to that error.

You better phone them or go through a TA.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by ETStar
Also, why is LHR priced per flight, as in select the dep first, then return, while a choice of dep/return pairs is available to others like FRA?
Fares to LHR and a few other European destinations are now marketed differently, with the four fare categories (Tourist, Leisure, Lat+, Exec). Within each category the fare rules are identical The fare letters (JCYMUBHLQVLAexpialadocius) are for price differences only. (Within each letter there might be a day-of-week restriction for some price points.) So the web interface is set up to reflect this marketing setup.

Other international destinations are not marketed like that. They still go under the Economy/Exec Restricted/Flex scheme, so I guess the web interface is still set up the old way.

I don't think there is a reason in theory why the LHR interface couldn't be the same as the FRA interface. Personally I like the LHR one better. It lets me do the combinatorial gymnastics.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC*S, Delta Skymiles
same prob here

Originally Posted by Stranger

(Some issue of combining different fare codes each ways. That don't let you price, even though according to the fare rules they should. And that the system doe not catch, leading to that error.

You better phone them or go through a TA.
I am not sure this error has anything to do with London or International Travel. I have been trying for 3-4 hours to get a price on a yyz-ygk (Kingston) trip after christmas and get the same error.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: AC*E, Hertz Gold, SPG
flying to kingston? bah, take Via1

at $300 for Via1 vs. $270 for a Tango fare on a Dash-8, it seems much saner to take the train. food/wine/comfort/wifi seems saner...
Old Oct 10, 2006, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by YYZSFOShuttle
flying to kingston? bah, take Via1

at $300 for Via1 vs. $270 for a Tango fare on a Dash-8, it seems much saner to take the train. food/wine/comfort/wifi seems saner...

Depends where your starting point is in the toronto area. Not much sense taking a cab downtown to get the train from up in Richmond Hill or Brampton. And parking the car downtown isn't any cheaper than parking at YYZ, but at least YYZ has the long-term lot if you want to save money.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:02 pm

Programs: AC*S, Delta Skymiles
Indeed I am starting north of the city - and the specific timeline I have - VIA does not meet - and I can drink in the lounge!

But I will confess - it was VIA that I checked first!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.