Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Interpreting J,C&I class for upgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interpreting J,C&I class for upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
A few days ago, a MUC-YYZ late morning flight had J4C3I0 availability, 24 hours before departure.

To me, that does not make sense. If AC and the route controller think that there may be the possibility of 4 full fare business class seats being sold in the last 24 hours, why not make the C availability equal zero. Conversely, if they feel that most of the remaining business class inventory can have discounted business class availability - that implies that AC feels that it may be difficult to even find 3 purchased C class tickets during the last 24 hours; therefore, why ishould not I>zero?
Old Oct 7, 2006, 8:29 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
One factor that plays into this that everyone ignores is connecting flights.

Someone may well buy a full fare J/C ticket off a connecting flight which would grab some of the inventory OR there may be a history of misconnects which leaves some seats open for J/C purchasers to not get downgraded.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 5:30 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Simon

Someone may well buy a full fare J/C ticket off a connecting flight which would grab some of the inventory OR there may be a history of misconnects which leaves some seats open for J/C purchasers to not get downgraded.

I guess that if J4C3 inventory was available on a North American AC flight, because of more connection options, the "I" inventory would likely be greater than 0?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Simon

Only one flight a day from MUC - YYZ so not a plausible reason IMHO. Any rerouting would likely be via FRA.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:30 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by shore9
I would be very interested to know how often AC sells 9 or more J seats within 4 days of the flight. Even 7 days within the flight.
Corporate emergencies. AC would rather risk it rather than blindly give away a seat and have a few walkups either denied or having to take the spot of an upgrade, causing the upgrader to whine and cry on FT.

And why the hell are you wishing for a recession?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.