Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SOT: Metropolitan Hotels takes a page out of AC pass playbook

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

Noticed while surfing on ac.com this morning a little hyperlink in upper right-hand corner of the websaver page that says Multi-stay hotel passes now available. Click for details. The CAD$1355 price for Metropolitan Hotel Toronto & Vancouver inclusive of taxes works out to approx CAD$169 per night, which is a bit of a deal for Vancouver, though less of one based on the CAD$133+ deluxe room rates I was seeing at the Met Toronto in Nov. There is a slightly higher rate, CAD$2265, to include the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel plus regular Met locations in YVR & YYZ.

Anyone more familiar with the hotels enough to comment on the bundle's value? And anyone care to speculate on whether other hotels will follow AC's lead and offer these types of hotel passes?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tcook052
Noticed while surfing on ac.com this morning a little hyperlink in upper right-hand corner of the websaver page that says Multi-stay hotel passes now available. Click for details. The CAD$1355 price for Metropolitan Hotel Toronto & Vancouver inclusive of taxes works out to approx CAD$169 per night, which is a bit of a deal for Vancouver, though less of one based on the CAD$133+ deluxe room rates I was seeing at the Met Toronto in Nov. There is a slightly higher rate, CAD$2265, to include the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel plus regular Met locations in YVR & YYZ.

Anyone more familiar with the hotels enough to comment on the bundle's value? And anyone care to speculate on whether other hotels will follow AC's lead and offer these types of hotel passes?
With my travel patterns being a little different than what the AC passes are offering, the AC passes are of limited interest to me, althought I might buy one soon.

However, an hotel pass would be of high interest to me (depending on the T&C's of course)
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: AC*E, Alaska MVP Gold, FPC Premier, SPG Gold
I really like this idea. I recently booked a stay in Van and the best deal I could get was at the Westin Grand for around $170 a night on a web-only non-refundable rate. This pass seems to be a decent deal given the fluctuations out there.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
It's a nice idea, not only for the Metropolitan but for other hotels as well. I already sent the link to a friend of mine in the hotel business and she will investigate it further for her own hotel...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.