Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC’s Across the Pond promotion is here!Earn up to Triple Aeroplan Miles Canada-London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC’s Across the Pond promotion is here!Earn up to Triple Aeroplan Miles Canada-London

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: AC, AA, DL, HH, SPG
Question Any other European dest or Asia that will be on promo?

Am SE and will be flying YYZ-FRA-BCN on Tues and back on Fri BCN-MUC-YYZ all in J and then onto IND on Friday...will also be doing YYZ-YVR-HKG Nov 29 retruning Dec 3 HKG-YVR-YYZ...hoping for promos...will hit SE again this year with these flights...

Service with AC this year improving in some areas...really bad in others - especially baggage...and also the aircraft equip is in terrible shape and the switch over to the new interiors has been long and tedious.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As of 11am ET telephone registration is not functioning. Only promos offered are regional domestic bonuses.

Not sure why people are surprised these are not status miles...there has not been a status mile bonus in years. Anyhow, this is pretty much the bonus I forecast last week in that thread on 4thQ bonuses.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Of course, AC's website is pathetic in that one cannot book any of these eligible fares (or upgradeable for that matter) if you default to the "lowest fare" option on multi-segment mode. Tried to see about adding LHR to a YEG trip later in the fall but I can only get it to book in E-class for YYZ-YEG and A-class for YEG-LHR-YYZ segments. Default to "flexible economy" and you're into the stratosphere of M and Y fares! Totally pathetic AC...get you're act together and let us book upgradeable fares with a default choice!!!!!!

If you're going to offer fares that are non-status mile/non-upgradeable then let us default out of them. Get your act together, AC.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
If you're going to offer fares that are non-status mile/non-upgradeable then let us default out of them. Get your act together, AC.
See also my beef thread about not being able to see the LHR-YEG nonstop on ac.com:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594974
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Anyhow, this is pretty much the bonus I forecast last week in that thread on 4thQ bonuses.
Evangelists must be clairvoyant as I seem to recall my guess about the bonus inthe same thread also.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:08 pm

Programs: AC*E, Alaska MVP Gold, FPC Premier, SPG Gold
Not sure why people are surprised these are not status miles...there has not been a status mile bonus in years.
No surprise here, just wishful thinking :-)
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:22 pm

Dr. PITUK

Last edited by painintheuk; Sep 3, 2006 at 11:18 pm
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by tcook052
Although having read and re-read it many times, I didn't see a note about it being double Q miles, so will assume it's only bonus miles.

But YEG-LHR nonstop and 16978 AP miles total, as per GCM, all for CAD$900 all in ain't bad. ^

Very good point!

Could someone (Andrew) tell us if the segs are Q's?
Old Sep 3, 2006, 3:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP

Last edited by antirealist; Sep 3, 2006 at 4:08 pm
Old Sep 3, 2006, 8:51 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by negotiator
Very good point!

Could someone (Andrew) tell us if the segs are Q's?
The promotion is just for bonus miles (not segments) and the miles are non status.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I am also avoiding LHR under all but the most extenuating of circumstances. Not only the liquid, but the fact they have almost no security lines open means that this is nonsense. Hopefully Air Canada will follow the Ryanair model and sue BAA.
What do you mean that there are no security lines open (I assume you are saying that very few lines are open, and these lines are extremely long)? One must go through a personal security check, to be able to board the plane?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
What do you mean that there are no security lines open (I assume you are saying that very few lines are open, and these lines are extremely long)?
TRAVELSIG said 'almost no security lines', which I think would meet your definition

Dr. PITUK
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
The promotion is just for bonus miles (not segments) and the miles are non status.

Ya know I understand that AC is selling a product here but perhaps there is value, as well, in the airline being crystal clear in describing what the promotion actually entitles people to recieve at the end of the day!

Cheers.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by negotiator
Ya know I understand that AC is selling a product here but perhaps there is value, as well, in the airline being crystal clear in describing what the promotion actually entitles people to recieve at the end of the day!
I thought the T&C quite clear as to what participants were entitled to: bonus AP miles.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
I thought the T&C quite clear as to what participants were entitled to: bonus AP miles.

Yes, but many people might think that this also means "Q'" miles as well.

This is a case where fine print would come in handy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.