Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

UK carry-on and ac.com international contact

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:39 am
Original Poster

I was on the phone (far too many times for far too long, but that's another story) with the international contact number for ac.com (00800...). While on hold, the message stated that no carry-on was allowed from UK-Canada. The message was the same in both French and English.

From what I've read here and on the various UK sites (e.g. www.baa.com), that is very out of date. Has anything changed? Is AC special? Or have they just not updated their message for a while?

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK
Old Aug 29, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I just bought two J class tickets through LHR for September travel and the emails I received from AC didn't have any mention of the restrictions whatsoever.

I know better than to follow these restrictions:

Carry-On Baggage Policy
Oversized carry-on bags cause many flight delays, so don't forget to confirm your allowance before your trip. Air Canada will be strictly enforcing the carry-on baggage policy effective immediately. Items, which fall within the 2-piece carry-on allowance, include: Carry-on bags or suitcases (wheels and handles included in the size), briefcases, Laptop computers, diaper bags, camera cases, cartons or other similar items. Learn more about Carry-On Baggage restrictions.
Maximum Size Maximum Weight
1 standard article 23cm x 40cm x 55cm
9" x 15.5" x 21.5" 10 kg
22 lbs
1 personal article 16cm x 33cm x 43cm
6" x 13" x 17" 10 kg
22 lbs
I don't find emails full of inaccurate information helpful at all. Sorry to hear that AC hold messages are just as inaccurate.

I'm about to embark on a year of travel and it is so frustrating trying to figure out what I'm allowed and what isn't allowed. I'm mildly disabled but none of my gadgets to help me are prescribed (except for pain pills which, if I use all of my gadgets I don't need at all.)

Can I carry on a cane? I need one only when I'm in bad shape but if I can't have my inflatable cushions and towel (for doing physio exercises on the floors of airports), pain control hypnosis mp3 or OTC meds when I need them rather than when an FA is coming around with water, I will need the cane to walk. And more than a few kleenex to deal with the tears from the pain.

We tried really hard to fly through Frankfurt but all the J class seats were taken for the 4 days around when we had to travel. So LHR was our only affordable choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.