Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Can I fly earlier using an Air Canada award ticket issued by US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I fly earlier using an Air Canada award ticket issued by US?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
If you would like to contact the Senior Mod
San Diego 1K I am sure they will be happy to answer your questions.
No thank you.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
It wasn't like I was being mean to the OP -- I simply asked a question because the OP's thread title and the content of the post did not match!
Yes, you are correct. The title was unrelated to the content of the question. Newbie error, I suppose.

Sorry for all the confusion it caused.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
oh, side note, AFAIK there shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

I called AC and they said that since the tickets were booked through USAir, then it's USAir's standby policies that are applied and enforced. I'm not sure how this will work at the AC counter where we'll be checking in, but I guess I'll find out.

I'll likely employ my usual strategy: be nice and play dumb . . .

Konstantinos
Old Aug 5, 2006, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Konstantinos
Thanks.

I called AC and they said that since the tickets were booked through USAir, then it's USAir's standby policies that are applied and enforced. I'm not sure how this will work at the AC counter where we'll be checking in, but I guess I'll find out.

I'll likely employ my usual strategy: be nice and play dumb . . .

Konstantinos
No matter which FFP your points are drawn from, your seat will come out of the W or D buckets, which for most agents are synonymous with free same-day standby. I doubt you will have a problem.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 1:54 pm
isi

Welcome to FT

Hey Konstantinos,

Since, despite all the recent fretting over deleted posts and how Assistant Moderator might best be abbreviated, I can't see that anyone else has done so, let me say:

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

isi

P.S. I've sent you a PM -- if you don't get a notice, check at the top right of the site and click on the link for "private messages" there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.