Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SE on Segments - who's done it?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2006, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by blue2002
Yes, and to be perfectly clear, in a negative way.
As someone who made SE for 2004 on both miles and segments I can attest to that. The quality of my marriage doesn't even compare know with what it was back then. I still travel now but with only 2 or 3 nights away for the most part. Mrs Cattle says likes the break but is always happy to have me home now too

She misses the miles and the instant KK but I have brainwashed her into thinking my being home is better. I guess my cooking isn't that bad after all
Old Jun 17, 2006, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BrettB

Part of my dilema is that only 1 of those segments has been on AC. All of the rest have been on UA or US. So I've got a growing stack of upgrade certs that since they are no longer transferable will probably end up as wallpaper .....

If only flying once with AC,why did you put your miles there?
(note to poster,in fairness.There has been some lively discussion about this issue between a few posters,and has been aggressive,IMO.)

If you prefer to respond by PM,I understand.I am curious to know your view.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, AA-Plt, SPG-Gold(lifetime), Hertz-PC
I chose to post my miles to my AC account mainly because I already had what I considered to be a significant number of points there, and didn't want to spread things around to too many places.

And by the time I realized that my travelling was going to be so significant this year, I'd already began accumulated segments and Qmiles with aeroplan, so I didn't want to stop there.

After 2006 my travel should decline significantly again so right now the points in one place is a higher priority than having status spread around.

And right now I'm getting some perks with UA and US, a couple of nicely timed operational upgrades based on my *gold status, as well as E+ seating on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.