Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inside of Air Canada's 763

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Inside of Air Canada's 763

Hey guys...I'm flying from Toronto to Delhi on the 763...Air Canada...I just was just wondering how the seating works in that aircraft...is it 2 seats then 3 in the middle then 2...or is it 3, 4 and 3...I dunno if that makes sense...and is it a comfortable flight/plane...how's service? Oh and does it have a screen on the back of every seat? Or is it just the one big screen?? Thanks guys
Old Apr 10, 2006, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
2-3-2. Big screen.

You should have posted this on the Air Canada Aeroplan forum.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 7:54 am

Programs: /usr/bin
Welcome to Flyertalk Sandi80!

You can view the interior of this plane at this URL: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5686036
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by gt_croz
Welcome to Flyertalk Sandi80!

You can view the interior of this plane at this URL: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5686036
That's the interior of their "new" 767-300, which previously flew for Iberia and Kenya. Their other 767s have dark-green upholstery. Otherwise, similar.

You can look up other photos on airliners.net.

Last edited by rkkwan; Apr 10, 2006 at 10:39 am
Old Apr 10, 2006, 10:20 am

seatguru.com

Hi! Go to this site: http://www.seatguru.com/

Vast info on airplane seating (many companies), in-flight amenities and airline information.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:53 am
Original Poster

thanx ppl...that helps...ok another thing...I've reserved seats...but I've heard they sometimes give them away even though u've reserved them...is that true?? I went through alot of trouble to make sure me and my friend are seated next to each other
Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:19 am

Are you aware the flight goes Toronto-Zurich-Delhi-Zurich-Toronto?
Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

welcome to FlyerTalk, sandi80. I am moving this to the Air Canada forum especially set up for discussions specific to that airline.

--richard, moderator
Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Air Canada has several different 763 but even if your plane changes you will still be sitting together. ^
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Sandi80
thanx ppl...that helps...ok another thing...I've reserved seats...but I've heard they sometimes give them away even though u've reserved them...is that true?? I went through alot of trouble to make sure me and my friend are seated next to each other
The only times I've heard of people being moved was:
1. If booked through a travel agent, the agent screws up and doesn't really book you the seats
2. You've booked bulkhead seats and they need them for a family with a baby using a basinette
3. The aircraft gets downgauged and they have ot shuffle everyone around - this option will not happen on a 763 to Delhi.
Even when any of the above happen, they will almost always re-seat you together. If you are at all concerned, check in on-line 12 hours prior to departure and you can change your seats.

You did not mention when you will be travelling. Air Canada is about to begin refurbishing its fleet of 767's. The process will take roughly 18 months, so initially we won't see many of these aircraft, but if your flgiht is later in the year, there is at least some chance you will be on a renovated plane. As part of the refurbishment, they will be installing new seats including seat-back video screens.

Enjoy your flight.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:04 am

YVR-KIX 763 only Y ??

Originally Posted by why fly
Air Canada has several different 763 but even if your plane changes you will still be sitting together. ^
I notice in late June and onward AC is flying two 763s to KIX from YVR, but one of them does not show any J, C or I inventory. Could it be they're selling only Y? Would they reconfigure the aircraft for this, or does it mean getting a J seat for a Y price?
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This second flight will be a domestic configured 763 and the front cabin will likely be sold as a Premium Economy, or in the past Club. It will not be the normal ExecFirst service, and the seating is 2x2x2 and pitch about 40-inches. This is seasonal to handle heavy tourist and family loads. It will either be sold at a small premium pricing over full Y, or offered to full Y paying customers and Es and SEs booking discounted Hospitality fares.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
This second flight will be a domestic configured 763 and the front cabin will likely be sold as a Premium Economy, or in the past Club. It will not be the normal ExecFirst service, and the seating is 2x2x2 and pitch about 40-inches. This is seasonal to handle heavy tourist and family loads. It will either be sold at a small premium pricing over full Y, or offered to full Y paying customers and Es and SEs booking discounted Hospitality fares.
According to http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...clubclass.html, Premium Economy (formerly Club) is being offered only to selected destinations in Europe and not Asia.

Therefore, your suggested 2nd scenario of offering the front cabin as preferential seating to either full Y or P/E/SE AE and *A Silver/Gold members are most likely - a bigger seat and pitch but regular economy service.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:41 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by gt_croz
STOP IT, PLEASE OH for the love of god MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
Old Apr 15, 2006, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah,thats what it looks like at the back of a 767

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.