Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade YYZ-ZRH vs ZRH-DEL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade YYZ-ZRH vs ZRH-DEL

Hi

I am going to be using some SSWU on these flights next month. I have been analyzing loads on KVS and like I mention before these flights are almost always nearly full or sold out in J. When looking carefully at KVS it is the YYZ-ZRH part that is full not the ZRH-DEL where there seems so to be a decent shot at upgrade.

Is there a
Any thoughts? idea? way if I use an SSWU for them to urpgrade me at ZRH if there is only room from ZRH to DEL? The other option would be to fly YYZ-YUL-ZRH but that is an AC codeshare on Swiss metal so cant use an SSWU. It is one flight number so I am doubtful there will be a way.

If not then I need to decide go for th gamble all the way or book via YUL and increase my chances for a half way upgrade!

any thought/ideas/suggestions?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 3:16 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Take the upgrade for the segment in which you are not going to sleep.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Well most likely I would sleep on the ZRH-DEL section. I dont have a choice of which section to upgrade. If I split the flights the only upgrade will be on the ZRH-DEL.

What I want to know is can I take the YYZ-ZRH-DEl and lose the Aerolottery in YYZ can they still put me in J from ZRH to DEL if room???
Old Feb 11, 2006, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I'm gonig YYZ-ZRH this Friday and tried to call for an U/G and they told me it was full right now, so Mrs. Lev and I are on the waiting list.

I would thing you should be able to request the upgrade on the ZRH-DEL segment only - I just got back from SYD and noticed a lady was in J from YYZ-YVR, back of the bus from YVR-HNL and then up front again for the final segment. As far as I could tell she was traveling solo, so I assume they upgraded her on the available segments.

My guess is you'll want to sleep on the YYZ-ZRH segment as that is the overnight portion.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by llbean
Hi

I am going to be using some SSWU on these flights next month. I have been analyzing loads on KVS and like I mention before these flights are almost always nearly full or sold out in J. When looking carefully at KVS it is the YYZ-ZRH part that is full not the ZRH-DEL where there seems so to be a decent shot at upgrade.

Is there a
Any thoughts? idea? way if I use an SSWU for them to urpgrade me at ZRH if there is only room from ZRH to DEL? The other option would be to fly YYZ-YUL-ZRH but that is an AC codeshare on Swiss metal so cant use an SSWU. It is one flight number so I am doubtful there will be a way.

If not then I need to decide go for th gamble all the way or book via YUL and increase my chances for a half way upgrade!

any thought/ideas/suggestions?
I don't think so. Mainly because the I class availability is separate for YYZ-DEL / YYZ-ZRH / ZRH-DEL passengers. I checked availability on random dates, and for YYZ-DEL passengers the flights was completely zeroed out except J1. However, YYZ-ZRH had seats in J / Y / M / B and ZRH-DEL was empty (seats in almost everything)

Cheers
Old Feb 12, 2006, 8:32 am

Programs: EK-Skywards Gold / Delta Gold Medallion/E50K 1MM
Originally Posted by The Lev
I'm gonig YYZ-ZRH this Friday and tried to call for an U/G and they told me it was full right now, so Mrs. Lev and I are on the waiting list.

I would thing you should be able to request the upgrade on the ZRH-DEL segment only - I just got back from SYD and noticed a lady was in J from YYZ-YVR, back of the bus from YVR-HNL and then up front again for the final segment. As far as I could tell she was traveling solo, so I assume they upgraded her on the available segments.

My guess is you'll want to sleep on the YYZ-ZRH segment as that is the overnight portion.
She may have been an Airline Employee.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
I don't think so. Mainly because the I class availability is separate for YYZ-DEL / YYZ-ZRH / ZRH-DEL passengers. I checked availability on random dates, and for YYZ-DEL passengers the flights was completely zeroed out except J1. However, YYZ-ZRH had seats in J / Y / M / B and ZRH-DEL was empty (seats in almost everything)

Cheers
Sorry...so you think that it is possible or not possible?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by llbean
Sorry...so you think that it is possible or not possible?
Not possible Since you would need to look at availability that AC has released for YYZ-DEL passengers ONLY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.