Wiki Posts
Search

Yield Management Woes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Yield Management Woes

I'm flying from YYZ to ICN via YVR. To get an H fare from YVR to ICN (flight 63), my travel agent had to book me on the 7AM flight from YYZ to YVR (flight 103). The H fare from YVR to ICN is not available if I take a later flight from YYZ to YVR. This has been confirmed with KVS. The concierge couldn't help to get me on a later flight from YYZ to YVR, even though the 8AM, 8:30AM and 9AM flights are wide open.

Has anyone else seen this? Any comments on this bizarre yield management?
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:07 pm

Morning flights are quite often full on this route because of connections to Asia.
FWIW I've seen AC111 YUL-YVR full in the J cabin a month before departure on numerous occasions.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
Morning flights are quite often full on this route because of connections to Asia.
FWIW I've seen AC111 YUL-YVR full in the J cabin a month before departure on numerous occasions.
KVS is showing the YYZ-YVR routes to be wide open. The problem is that H fare is only available for the YVR-ICN flight when linked to the 7AM flight from YYZ-YVR. YVR-ICN has no H fares when linked to the 8AM, 8:30 AM or 9AM YYZ-YVR flight.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
I get this a lot when flying from YXU with a cnx in YYZ. The optimum connecting flight will not price out with the YYZ--> flight. It's no big deal if I'm on a flexible fare, but on lower class fares it means the change fee if I want to get home an hour or two earlier.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 4:02 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
flt #111 is usually full in my experience up front. However exYYZ in the morning, the J cabin is usually at least half empty, the back is pretty full, but I've never had a problem getting into J ex YYZ in the morning.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by CrampedInY
KVS is showing the YYZ-YVR routes to be wide open. The problem is that H fare is only available for the YVR-ICN flight when linked to the 7AM flight from YYZ-YVR. YVR-ICN has no H fares when linked to the 8AM, 8:30 AM or 9AM YYZ-YVR flight.
See numerous threads on upgrading YVR-SYD, when YVR-HNL and HNL-SYD show availability but the through flight doesn't have upgrade availability.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:01 pm

A while ago, I posted my difficulties in finding "I" seats, I quote the following comments from fellow Forum members......

".......it's revenue management."

"............It is Air Canada's plane they can decide how they want to make money. ........ If that doesn't do it for you, then switch carriers."

I suppose that these comments also apply to your case if you cannot find any "H" fare on the flights that you want.

Last edited by Clipper801; Jan 28, 2006 at 8:55 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.