Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

question re: domestic upgrade availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM, HH Diamond

Hi everyone,

I am travelling ac37 (yyz-yvr) feb 5, and am trying to figure out the likelihood of using an SSWU (I am in L class). I realize that as elite I can call at the 4 day point to do this, but was trying to get a feel for whether or not it would work.

Right now, the flight is:
J9 C9 Y9 M9 U9 B9 H9 V9 N9 Q9 L9 P9 A9 E9 T0

How come there is no I class? Is there another class that substitutes for I in this regard?

I did do a search, but if I missed something please let me know!

Thanks,

Answida
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
YYZ Toronto Pearson Int'l ON CA [CYYZ]
YVR Vancouver Metro / Vancouver Int'l BC CA = CXH YVR [CYVR]
SUN 05 Feb 2006

AC 37 YYZ 08:00 YVR 10:07 763 0 J9 C9 Y9 M9 U9 B9 R9 H9 K9 V9 N9 Q9 G9 L9 P9 A9 E9 T0 I3

I wouldn't think it would be too much of a problem upgrading at the gate if I is cleared out before your 4 day window given the space available.

Good luck
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:55 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Not sure why you cannot see I... this is the snap shot I have:

AC 37 J9 C9 Y9 M9 U9 B9 R9 H9 K9 V9 N9 Q9 G9 L9 P9 A9 E9 T0 I3
Old Jan 23, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: AC E, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by answida
Hi everyone,

I am travelling ac37 (yyz-yvr) feb 5, and am trying to figure out the likelihood of using an SSWU (I am in L class). I realize that as elite I can call at the 4 day point to do this, but was trying to get a feel for whether or not it would work.

Right now, the flight is:
J9 C9 Y9 M9 U9 B9 H9 V9 N9 Q9 L9 P9 A9 E9 T0

How come there is no I class? Is there another class that substitutes for I in this regard?

I did do a search, but if I missed something please let me know!

Thanks,

Answida
Answida
If you use the full version of the KVS tool you will see that presently AC37 (Feb 5th) shows I3. As an elite you call call in for the upgrade on Feb 1 @ 00:01.

If you use AC37 on Jan 29 as a benchmark presently KVS shows J9 C9 .... I2

Good Luck
PJB
Old Jan 23, 2006, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Remember this route would also be booked by through travellers for upgrading onward across the Pacific, so space may be at a premium by the time your upgrade window opens, and of course that will be well after SEs get their crack at upgrading. YVR-YYZ in both directions are tough to get advance upgrades on, but generally do open up at the gate. So good luck.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
In my experience when flying YYZ - YVR, 37 has always been very open for upgrades, I've never taken the specific flight, as 8am is too early from YYZ for me, however I've always looked at it as well, and it has usually been wide open.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-PM, HH Diamond
Thanks for all the advice. I will try to get the upgrade at the opening of the window, and then again day of travel if that doesn't work. I have a 0545 departure from YSJ, so hopefully they can bump me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.