Search

VOT: Just for CoffeeBean

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
VOT: Just for CoffeeBean

Dear Coffee Bean;

I took your suggestion and snuck into the YYZ T1 MLL today, since that's all FT is good for in your mind. Much to my surprise there was no soup. Just Guiness and Hummus.

Just wondering, while sitting here in the lap of luxury, when will Westjet be getting similar first class service for its guests? After all as King Clive mentioned, we all fly first class on WS. Could you whisper in Clive's ear and make something happen. A lounge in T3 with fine soup and wine would be great!!

Sneaking into a MLL near you,

YEG Guy.

To Fisch and Hypnotize, don't take this as a knock on Westjet. You guys have great service in the West and I do patronize your airline when the schedule is applicable to me. Nice work on plastering the TV screens in T1 with lots of Westjet Owners commercials.

Last edited by WR Cage; Dec 4, 2005 at 7:43 pm Reason: fat fingered hummus and took some good natured FT grief for it.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YEG Guy
Dear Coffee Bean;

I took your suggestion and snuck into the YYZ T1 MLL today, since that's all FT is good for in your mind. Much to my surprise there was no soup. Just Guiness and Humus.
MLLs have a system of food offerings. It's not like soup is available the entire day. Humus/bread/cheese is usually served after dinner hours. You will find soup during lunch and dinner hours. Depending on the lounge, you will also get wraps as well. So whatever.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Much to my surprise there was no soup. Just Guiness and Humus.
Humus, eh? I guess that's all the proof we need that AC is really doing things on the cheap now.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/humus

Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:19 pm
At Large

Originally Posted by ylwae
Humus, eh? I guess that's all the proof we need that AC is really doing things on the cheap now.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/humus

Its all in the spelling:
http://tm.ask.com/r?t=an&s=a&uid=03C...od)-image29630
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You guys are funny,or should I say humourus.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:29 pm
At Large

Originally Posted by acysb87
You guys are funny,or should I say humourus.
baaaaaaaaaaddddd
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:43 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
MLLs have a system of food offerings. It's not like soup is available the entire day. Humus/bread/cheese is usually served after dinner hours. You will find soup during lunch and dinner hours. Depending on the lounge, you will also get wraps as well. So whatever.
All day soup in the YOW MLL. Even better, you can work off the calories while walking back to your flight.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Braindrain
All day soup in the YOW MLL. Even better, you can work off the calories while walking back to your flight.
I was there on the morning of Nov 26 and there was no soup. They serve soup during bkfast hours?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:00 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Whoops, must be after breakfast hours. I've never been in there in the morning.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:06 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by yyznomad
They serve soup during bkfast hours?
Is this a NA tradition - soup for breakfast?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is great in my bachelor standards. I got my daily soup fix upon returning home.

I think that soup should be offered from lunch onward in the MLLs. It is easy to keep warm when covered and provides something nutritious to all. Also, its an easy serve yourself option.

I have seen the wraps in the MLL before, they were good but don't keep for very long so I can see why they are only offered at meal times.

Great cookies.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have seen the wraps in the MLL before, they were good but don't keep for very long so I can see why they are only offered at meal times.
Something that I've noticed about the wraps... true to the form of being consistently inconsistent, the wraps in the YUL Dom MLL (only meat and nothing else in the wrap, very bland) pale in comparison to the wraps in the YYZ T1 Main MLL... IMHO.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOH
Is this a NA tradition - soup for breakfast?
Not that I know of, but I have had soup for bkfast before

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.