Wiki Posts
Search

Yyz-hkg 12-22

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Yyz-hkg 12-22

Are there any elites on this flight? I'm at 21k status miles, and have one of my father's SWU's... Anyone willing to help me get on it?

It's the non-stop YYZ-HKG, and I'm booked in B...

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:28 am

Programs: Altitude 50KElite, EK Silver,
Hi Rajvar.

If I were travelling, I would happily do so. But sorry...

FYI - My experience with this fight is that it is VERY difficult to upgrade. On my last outbound (YYZ-HKG), I was at the top of the upgrade list, and I was bumped by a SE. Lots of them that fly on this segment.

On my return, the HKG ground crew (UA handles the flt for AC in HKG) were able to get me the last seat (and only upgrade) on the HKG-YYZ flight.

By the way, not at all impressed by the A345 "lie flat" seats. My back was aching after the flt. Looking forward to the new seats...

Airbus_Guy
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: Altitude 50KElite, EK Silver,
Oh and I just checked the availability, and the flt is not looking good for any immediate upgrades (I is zeroed out), but there are still chances as J still has 6. Let's see what happens though when the E upgrade window comes online.

Air Canada
Flight: 15
Departs
Toronto (YYZ)
December 22
10:00 am Arrives
Hong Kong (HKG)
December 23 (Next day)
2:45 pm Notes
Cabin class: J6 C0 Y9 M0 B0 H0 V0 Q0 L0 I0
Meal:
Distance: 7804 mi
Stops: non-stop
Flight Time: 15:45
Airbus A340Airbus A340
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:08 pm

If one buys a Y class fare, can you still upgrade immediately before the E/SE window opens up or does overall upgrade availability still depend on I inventory?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by doesun
If one buys a Y class fare, can you still upgrade immediately before the E/SE window opens up or does overall upgrade availability still depend on I inventory?
There would still have to be availability in I for you to upgrade. Provided there is, you can upgrade before the SE/E windows open. If I=0, you'd be waitlisted.

I suppose you could ask to have inventory created for you for the instant upgrade (if I=0), but I'm not sure how far you'd get.

Last edited by ylwae; Dec 4, 2005 at 6:22 pm
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
WOW not many J seats at XMAS... there should have been less business people flying and J should have been easy..... but I think Hong Kong has a lot of SE who travel back to go home... On my flight two weeks ago there were 6 SE on the flight.
You should have gone UA.... its wide open and they have two nonstops... 2 via NRT and 2 via SFO. You had a very very good chance of geting upgraded. with a SWU.
AC has very FEW seats to upgrade... look at more options when you book next time.

I also think the 345 is oversold... so you could ask for a switch to YVR if you get an upgrade...
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
WOW not many J seats at XMAS... there should have been less business people flying and J should have been easy..... but I think Hong
Kong has a lot of SE who travel back to go home... On my flight two weeks ago there were 6 SE on the flight.

Thats a good thing.
You should have gone UA....

Why is it AC J is almost sold out and UA has lots of space?
AC has very FEW seats to upgrade... look at more options when you book next time.
I also think the 345 is oversold... so you could ask for a switch to YVR if you get an upgrade...
I agree with this.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:42 pm
Suspended

AC J has 30 odd seats UA has 90.. and UA has way more flights.... its numbers... I guess?
Anyhow trust me its WAY easier to upgrade with UA>>> Last year at Xmas I had the family go to Thailand... 10 with UA... 8 were upgraded both ways... and 7 had no status... just my SWU
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:53 pm
Suspended

go to "What do/should the Concierge really do for SE's?." to get the answer for Mustang sally
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
WOW not many J seats at XMAS... there should have been less business people flying and J should have been easy..... but I think Hong Kong has a lot of SE who travel back to go home... On my flight two weeks ago there were 6 SE on the flight.
You should have gone UA.... its wide open and they have two nonstops... 2 via NRT and 2 via SFO. You had a very very good chance of geting upgraded. with a SWU.
SFO -HKG :Only 3 not 4
2 via NRT (Excellent Odds for upgrade).
1 Non-Stop.Weekday: (50/50)Weekends gate only. Many SFO based UA1K.UA is very protective of their GS & 1K get poirity over all,even those booked on higher fare level types of fares.
1 ORD-HKG.If travelling on Weekday advance upgrade.On Weekends upgrade at gate only.
On Saturday good odds for OP Upgrade, the flight is usually oversold.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
SFO -HKG :Only 3 not 4
2 via NRT (Excellent Odds for upgrade).
1 Non-Stop.Weekday: (50/50)Weekends gate only. Many SFO based UA1K.UA is very protective of their GS & 1K get poirity over all,even those booked on higher fare level types of fares.
1 ORD-HKG.If travelling on Weekday advance upgrade.On Weekends upgrade at gate only.
On Saturday good odds for OP Upgrade, the flight is usually oversold.
ORD-HKG is two Nonstop a day many days... it has been for months... on 12/22 its a two nonstop day. ^ Its WIDE WIDE open for upgrades the flights are used for FREIGHT.... its been 1/2 full many days
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:26 pm

Programs: E50, Skymiles, Onepass, Alaska milage

I think I read it somewhere else, but please confirm if it true. With our status SE/E status, we may have a chance to get Op-Up to business?

Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:42 pm

Programs: AC*E50K
Originally Posted by rajvar
Are there any elites on this flight? I'm at 21k status miles, and have one of my father's SWU's... Anyone willing to help me get on it?

It's the non-stop YYZ-HKG, and I'm booked in B...
I'm booked for YVR-HKG on Dec 21. Plus I'm in L (shoulda booked H, oops). I guess that doesn't help you at all unless you decide to reroute and fly a day earlier, in which case I'd be happy to help.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 9:29 am
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
^^^^^

Last edited by YYZ; Dec 5, 2005 at 9:32 am Reason: Deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.