Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone buying the Sunpass East?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
anyone buying the Sunpass East?

I am thinking of investing in this deal which is just $1099C on sale at further reductions now till Dec 30. A lot cheaper than most other Tango+ fares and upgradeable if you have enough SSWUs. Should give me 13-15K I figure plus some nice short mini vacations to FLA, Arizona and Vegas, not that I can stand Vegas. But a short and cheap hop on UAL to LA.

Only problem is the days of the week restriction but I am sure I can figure that out before end of Sept.

Are stop overs en route permitted? I assume not but just wondering.

How else is investing in this MR deal?
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:14 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

No stopovers permitted on passes.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
(deleted) - wrong thread
Old Dec 4, 2005, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I do not understand AC's statement that with the pass (now discounted through to the end of Dec), fares can be reduced up to 60% compared to purchasing those (tango plus) flights directly. I do not see such a discount - if one can purchase a L or Q fare directly, then the pass' V fare will give a much more marginal discount (for one example - the pretax one way tango plus fare from YOW to MCO in late March is $253 (pretax); this pass' fare would be $183 (I still can not figure out if the pass' fare is pre- or post-tax).
Old Dec 4, 2005, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
I would assume these passes are pretax but I did some pricing using Tango Plus out of YOW

For example YOW-LAS is $199 each way pre tax
YOW-PHX is $427 each way pre tax
YOW-MCO is 241 each way pre tax

Total is $ 1636 pre tax

Sun Air Pass east is $1099 (assume pre tax)

Savings $637.

Milage close to 13K on these routes. Pretty good.

Only real restriction is pass is only valid for travel Tues, Wed, Thurs.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
It's a bit better than that, the pass includes all the extra fees and taxes except for GST. For example, the Tango Plus base fare of $199 you quoted for YOW-LAS turns into about $270 all in. The Pass comes out to $196 a segment after GST.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tax Dude
It's a bit better than that, the pass includes all the extra fees and taxes except for GST. For example, the Tango Plus base fare of $199 you quoted for YOW-LAS turns into about $270 all in. The Pass comes out to $196 a segment after GST.

Thanks for surcharges clarification but how did you get this down to $196 for YOW-LAS, and after GST??
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Dia Amb
The $196 is the cost/flight using the pass. I just compared it to your example YOW-LAS Tango+ fare of $199 base which prices out to $270 after taxes/fees.

The flight pass is $1,098 + GST = $1,175 for 6 credits = $196 each flight. No additional fees or taxes.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I presume that this and other AC passes are only valid on AC metal; not on AC codeshared flights on UA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.