Upgrade without Status?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 5:50 pm

Ygpm

Check Private Messages
Old Dec 4, 2005, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
If you are stuck in the back of the plane, it looks like a 767 on the route, which is not a bad plane for economy. See if you can get the Bulkhead or exit row. If you call and explain the situation the might help. You can also certainly try at the gate for an upgrade, if you explain and ask nicely, they may be willing to accomodate you, having the certs doesn't hurt, just make it clear that you know you are not entitled, but wanted to check.
Good luck.
Do not tell the agent you have a bad back. Will kill all your chances for an Exit Row..Just tell them you are Dark, Tall & Handsome or a knockout(If female)
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
thanks for all the help, everyone! And a special thanks to blue2002....I got your message and have replied.

I can't go in the exit as I need a wheelchair in Montreal....it's a brutal tranfer to the gate for YYG. When they have that on your reservation, they won't book you in exit.

Hot female, by the way!!! (Maybe not so hot in the wheelchair!!!!)
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Sounds like you have really stepped up blue2002. Wow. I can almost feel the karma heading your way.

Originally Posted by blue2002
Unless you happen to have these green-colored "no status required" certs
Old Dec 5, 2005, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Smile It only gets better!

Can I say how happy I am that I have found FT??? I called my insurance company as they have said that they will reimburse me to fly in J class if my doctor gives them a letter!!!! So now I can use the certificate that my new FT best friend has offered, to have my husband, hopefully, upgraded with me. I can't tell you what a relief this is for us and it will make what may have been a miserable trip, so much better. We still have to fly to Charlottetown on a slow puddle jumper after the FLL-YUL flight, so this will make a HUGE difference!!! THANKS!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.