Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The good stuff at AC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Plat/1MM, AC Basic (ex E, SE, VIA, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
The single best thing they could do to improve the flying experience would be to improve coach seating for elites by:
1) Allowing on-line seatmap access to bulkheads and exit rows at the time of booking for elites
2) Blocking middle seats beside elites
3) Best thing would be E+ seating section in the first few rows.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 1:21 pm
At Large
Original Poster

Funny with all the b!tching during the year there is little comment about the tier program improvement to choices,etc.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 3:02 pm

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
So?

Originally Posted by parnel
Funny with all the b!tching during the year there is little comment about the tier program improvement to choices,etc.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
This is the second year??? of tier choices
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:07 pm
At Large
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
So?
No...SO
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:08 pm
At Large
Original Poster

Originally Posted by why fly
This is the second year??? of tier choices
Coming up, yes
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:23 pm

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
So?
Haven't quite got the gist of this...
I'm not sure what your point is?
Tell me, what are you driving at?

For the record, I don't the the tier status is improved.
Access to various programs is much the same.
Charges for services are up.
Everything else seems to be status quo?

No...SO
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:38 pm

here we go again...

i got good seats this time.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:39 pm
At Large
Original Poster

For the record, I don't the the tier status is improved.
Access to various programs is much the same.
Charges for services are up.
Everything else seems to be status quo?
The three choices we had for this year were an improvement in the eyes of most here and the promise of more choices has been tossed out by AC/AE.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 4:44 pm

That surprises me.
I didn't think there was much of a difference from last year.
That said, I didn't look that closely.

The three choices we had for this year were an improvement in the eyes of most here and the promise of more choices has been tossed out by AC/AE.
Old Dec 2, 2005, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AA PLT, UA 2P
Originally Posted by HereNow...
The single best thing they could do to improve the flying experience would be to improve coach seating for elites by:
1) Allowing on-line seatmap access to bulkheads and exit rows at the time of booking for elites
2) Blocking middle seats beside elites
3) Best thing would be E+ seating section in the first few rows.
AA offers #1 to elites which is a GREAT benefit and mighty convenient overall.

UA offers #'s 2 & 3 which is going to be necessary if AC doesn't improve the SSWU and I class situations in 2006
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:05 pm
ptb

Programs: A/C*SE; Fairmont Platinum; SPG Gold
I;m really enjoying everyone's thoughts on how to improve things but, in the spirit of the "giving season", how about if we get back to the original thread's topic re: the good stuff?

Here's mine:
- Safety (at the end of the day, that's all that counts, folks)
- Pretty personable service in both biz and cattle (I've actually found it to be even better on Jazz)
- Excellent meals in J
- Simple, straightforward, robust online experience
- Generally good call centre service (ya, you still encounter the occasional 'tude but overall not bad)
- Can't comment on the concierge (which apparently is phenomenal but, being totally out of the loop, didn't realize really existed until I joined FT! - see separate thread)

Happy December,
ptb
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That surprises me.
I didn't think there was much of a difference from last year.
That said, I didn't look that closely.

Go back to FT articles from the time last year. Actually, there were changes, mostly on the downside. Mostly, they cut into bonuses. Only one of the three packages still includes bonuses and at a reduced level. Selection of upgrade certs was not great. Although that turned out to be a nonissue as a result of the problems they had sending packages, which led them to extend validity of older certs.

I would not be surprised if there were further cuts in the bonuses this year. Such as, eliminating them alltogether, on the basis that only one of the packages included them anyway, so not too many people would get pissed off.

BTW, Parnel is wrong, we have had a choice twice already, this year might be the third time if that stays. It's largely cosmetic anyway; anyone who has uses for the miles has no real choice but to pick the one with bonuses (assuming I am wrong and they don't get eliminated, which should be a major downgrade of the program, but looks like it's in the works.)
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC-2MM & 75K
Re Aeroplan - As ususal, I did not like the Aeroplan cuts last year. The loss of accumulated miles was somewhat offset during the year by the increase of Tango + to 100%. Then they went and pi**ed me off again by adding more charges to award tickets.

Re Air Canada - The service continued to improve. The flight passes were pretty good, although I only use the Rapidair one. I think one of my favorite improvements was the "walk-in Concierge office atYYZ T1.

Let's hope Air Canada keeps improving and let's hope they get rid of Rupert and restore Aeroplan to its former glory!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dbyyz
Let's hope Air Canada keeps improving and let's hope they get rid of Rupert and restore Aeroplan to its former glory!
Send him to a dentist for starters.

(With a bit of luck, he might never be back.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.