Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WARNING - Stand clear!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2005, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
That must mean he didn't make the flight.
LOL!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 3:02 am
Original Poster

guess 142 will have a last second mechanical tomorrow
You bet! They even waited for us to board before having the mechanical.

Apparently some computer (PCU) was not talking to other systems, so they had to re-boot it a couple of times. The finally got it working, and we departed about 30 minutes late.

But just when you think you've made something screw-up proof, they invent a new improved screw-up. Even though I checked in 1 hours prior to flight time, and the plane was lightly loaded, they somehow managed to not load my checked bags.

The bags did eventually arrive in the arrivals lounge about 1 hours late. So I got a comfortable ride, but still with various frustrating and irritating hiccups, that had the potential to derail the trip.

I did meet another flyer talker on board though. He able to identify me as soon at the purser brought me the ACARS with the delayed baggage message. I guess he figured it had to be me.

He also expressed some reservations about the flight, particularly since I started this post.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 3:06 am
Original Poster

BTW, we also had a pretty good WestJet crew on board. The flight time (YUL-LHR) was announced as 6 hours 50 minutes and 14 seconds, while the cruising altitude was described as thirty eight thousand feet, three inches.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:11 am

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Oh nooooooooooo.

You're in LHR now? Please tell me you're not flying back via YYZ on Wednesday??!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Actually I'm in Germany right now.

But that's not to say I won't be flying back via YYZ on Wednesday.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 2:39 pm

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Do you take bribes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.