Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Elite qualification 2006?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2005, 4:39 pm
At Large

Unless you have an extenuating circumstance and were SE last year as well I don't think AC/AE will comp you. In any event they wouldn't tell you now.
If you got above 95K I could imagine a scenario where they would comp you for next year but I would plan a MR if continued SE status is important to you.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
You have nothing to lose call AC and get the letter for 87,000k The most AC can say is no
Imagine if you had picked the "handle" Hot lips..... this thread would be at 100 already.
At least on this site you can trade certificates without having 100 posts.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:24 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
Virgin's G-VLIP is "Hot Lips" Perhaps I should switch...
Wasn't 'Hot-Lips' just another 'Sally'?

Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mustang Sally
Virgin's G-VLIP is "Hot Lips" Perhaps I should switch...
There is already a Hot Lips.......
Old Nov 20, 2005, 6:51 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by exAC
Wasn't 'Hot-Lips' just another 'Sally'?
Kellerman ?
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:09 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by parnel
Unless you have an extenuating circumstance and were SE last year as well I don't think AC/AE will comp you. In any event they wouldn't tell you now.
If you got above 95K I could imagine a scenario where they would comp you for next year but I would plan a MR if continued SE status is important to you.

I am not sure AC does recognize such things as "extenuating circumstances" in such a case, wish they would! Not an issue for me this year as I have crossed the line already!!

Also has anyone heard any news about the Lifetime Status that many of us wrote in about last year. Milton promised to consider it, nothing more and not a word since, quelle surprise!
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I am not sure AC does recognize such things as "extenuating circumstances" in such a case, wish they would! Not an issue for me this year as I have crossed the line already!!

Also has anyone heard any news about the Lifetime Status that many of us wrote in about last year. Milton promised to consider it, nothing more and not a word since, quelle surprise!
He considered it long enough for you to leave the room Then he went on thinking about himself.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:55 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Agreed, but I do not think he would be thinking of himself , just how to get rid of these requests for what he surely felt was entitlement. Others would have thought of it as recognition.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:57 pm
At Large

Agreed, but I do not think he would be thinking of himself , just how to get rid of these requests for what he surely felt was entitlement. Others would have thought of it as recognition.
Lifetime status is still a live project within AC and no one has said when anything will show up.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:59 pm
At Large

People who had interruptions to their normal flying habits due to maternity/paternity leave, illness,temporary absence from Canada, etc are given consideration for renewed tier status.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by parnel
People who had interruptions to their normal flying habits due to maternity/paternity leave, illness,temporary absence from Canada, etc are given consideration for renewed tier status.
Unfortunately for me, I found this to NOT be the case. I did 83K in 2001 when the level was dropped to 87K after 9/11.

My three prior years as SE, parental leave and 68K by end of June 01 did nothing for me.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:52 am

Remember the the 2006 level for SE is 100,000 miles OR 100 segments.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Or 87,000 if you got a letter
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite
Do you think that there will be a difference in the SE package between the people who received a letter for 87 and do 87 and the people who did not receive the letter and have to do 100?
Old Nov 23, 2005, 5:48 pm
k22

Programs: ACSE 100K 1MM
Originally Posted by yyzflyalot
Do you think that there will be a difference in the SE package between the people who received a letter for 87 and do 87 and the people who did not receive the letter and have to do 100?
Simple answer........none at all....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.