Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Food issues on board

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Upfront, I want you to know that I was not complaining about the service by the crew on AC. In fact the crew on the flight in question was one of the most enjoyable and personable crew I have had---I thanked them on leaving. The issue was an upset stomach and desiring something not available in J. They did get me the pillow/blanket kit (no charge) which may have prompted my thinking for other food other than the meal provided to me. I was hungry but could not eat the J meal other than the bread and yes the herbal tea (one of the greatest secrets on board all AC flights and comparments).

You raised the matter of pax giving feedback and other than thanking the crew there is no easy way to do it. In fact I was so impressed by this crew yesterday (and many others, but not all) I was thinking about writing in about them but the fact is there is no easy way to do it short of a letter which I do not mind doing.

Once upon a time we were given little certificates to hand to the crew or the in charge. It seemed rather clumsey and open for abuse but I did it whenever I had one on hand and had truly good service.

When I stay at many hotels, esp Starwood properties, I often receive an email survey on all aspects of my stay. If AC wants to really know how its pax feel they would steal a page from this book and institute a complete review of customer satisfaction so as to build upon experiences and make improvements rather than make assumptions. That requires a complete commitment by the whole organization to this philosophy---if I was the CEO I would consider this despite the costs.

I do not think I have ever received any form of survey or feedback of my experience from AC (or any other airline for that matter) in all my years of flying, even as a SE for the past 7 or 8 years, whenever this level came in. Something to think about.

Keep up the good work and the faith!
So much goodness around tonight! {blush}

I never sensed that you were complaining about the crew. There are all sorts of exceptions that generate frustrations for the passengers and employees (of all departments). I wish I could be extra nice and give everything for free. It would be easy, not "directly" my money, no boss to supervise. But realisticly I also want my company to be successful, my livelihood depends on that.

A new way to pass along suggestions and feedback is to write directly to our boss. [email protected] . AC's website now features a "contact us" button which allows you to forward your feedback to our cotumer service department. As a matter of fact we had on board in the past "comment cards". We now have flyers, more like invitations to use our website to communicate with our company.

Hope you're feeling better!

Cheers!
Old Nov 21, 2005, 8:38 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Sorry I didnt post back...

Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne
Sorry to hear about this.

You might be interested in a thread started by HomerJ a while ago. I don't think we ever heard back from him on what happened when he wrote to AC.

Here it is: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...food+poisoning
...I received a $150.00 cheque (not flight credit) from a private insurer and a letter stating this matter was closed. This came to me by post about 2 weeks ago. Apologies for not posting.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 8:46 am

Programs: Sans souci
Originally Posted by HomerJ
...I received a $150.00 cheque (not flight credit) from a private insurer and a letter stating this matter was closed. This came to me by post about 2 weeks ago. Apologies for not posting.
Thanks for closing the loop, HomerJ. Very interesting to hear that they handled it this way.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
When I stay at many hotels, esp Starwood properties, I often receive an email survey on all aspects of my stay. If AC wants to really know how its pax feel they would steal a page from this book and institute a complete review of customer satisfaction so as to build upon experiences and make improvements rather than make assumptions. That requires a complete commitment by the whole organization to this philosophy---if I was the CEO I would consider this despite the costs.

I do not think I have ever received any form of survey or feedback of my experience from AC (or any other airline for that matter) in all my years of flying, even as a SE for the past 7 or 8 years, whenever this level came in. Something to think about.

I've had dozens of inflight surveys offered to me to complete, and had at least four post-flight phone calls from Customer Service in Calgary asking about details of recent J-class overseas flights. So AC does do customer evaluations.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone else tired of these meals in J ?

For the past two months I have been doing YWG-YYZ on a regular basis en route to YOW. I hate the 705 and prefer to fly via YYZ.

My observation is on the meals in J on medium haul trips. I am getting tired of the Mexican calzone, the pizza and quiche. It is always the same thing. The salads are good however.

Last night, I politely raised an observation on the need for some variety. The in charge offered to get me a sandwich from the BOB cart. I jumped on the offer.

Please AC vary your menus....they are getting repetitive.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You flying Latitude fares now, airbus320?!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
You flying Latitude fares now, airbus320?!
city pass...now on third one in a year.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airbus320
My observation is on the meals in J on medium haul trips. I am getting tired of the Mexican calzone, the pizza and quiche.
Got to try the pizza and the quesidillia last night. The pizza was very doughey and the cheese tasted like cream cheese.

Oh the other hand, the ques was very good.

Had the quiche (or something that resembled that) on the red-eye and was not impressed at all. Worse were the sausages.

Oh, I found some pretty fine pieces of aluminum foil in my omlette breakfast this morning -- glad I was somewhat attentive. Otherwise, I'd probably set off the metal detectors without any metalic pieces in my clothing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.