Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: Great Safeway Airmiles offer for Soup lovers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Great Safeway Airmiles offer for Soup lovers!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
We're a big country and various grocery stores offering AMs cover different parts of the country: SAFEWAY Manitoba west, DOMINION Ontario and IGA in Quebec, and SOBEY'S in Atlantic Canada. So please, preface your post by telling us which part of the country this is on offer?

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 16, 2006 at 6:27 pm
Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:47 pm
ALW

It's actually easy to figure out: if it's a fantastic deal, it's Safeway, if it's an okay deal it's A&P/Dominion, and if it's a lousy deal (unless you're buying the product anyway and/or requires a coupon, it's IGA.

=aw
Old Jan 16, 2006, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
Originally Posted by dmak
Where are you getting that coupon from?
It arrives with the flyers delivered by the Free Press (I'm not a subscriber) every Sunday. I suspect they only target the surrounding area as the coupons are only good at the Osborne Village store.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:40 am

Any tax accountants out there....

Can you give the soup to a food charity and claim the cost as a deduct?.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This week's DOMINION soup AM bonus...and a couple of others

Just back from shopping and I noticed the MR NOODLE was still up for their bowl of noodles, but not for the 33 packs that were on last week. I suspect someone messed up when posting the original promo and mistook the cheapie items as eligible, along with the more expensive (3x) bowls. (It is really an absurd promo afterall, 66 for 5 AMs!)

This week has another soup special, and it too is GARDENNAY, though not as generous as the SAFEWAY one was. The deal is 10 AMs for every 3 500-ml boxes (at $2.99 each). However, one can get a coupon at the store offering $1.50 off every two purchased. So buying six boxes and using three coupons would bring the total price down to $12.44, and yield 20 AMs. (Note that the coupons actually state just one per customer, but the person in front of me easily used two on her purchase with no questioning from the cashier.)

And at check out, there's a promo on EXCEL gum, 2 99 packs get you 3 AMs.

And not even posted at the shelf, KICKING HORSE COFFEE from BC showed up with an unexpected 5 AM bonus!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Maybe we should start calling ourselves the Food Network...

ml

P.S. I love this board!
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:55 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Just bringing this forward, with an new AM bonus mile offer at Dominion.

Buy 5 Lipton "Cup-a-Soup" (the four packet box) at $1.79 each and get 25 AM's. Also saw a coupon from the "Cash for Kids" promo on the Lipton display, that gets you 75 cents off the purchase of any two different varieties of Cup-a-Soup. So using the coupon and buying five boxes for $7.45 gets you 25 AM's. Not great, but not too bad either.

bj-21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.