Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

OT: Great Safeway Airmiles offer for Soup lovers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Great Safeway Airmiles offer for Soup lovers!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
If you live in Winnipeg and shop at the Osborne Village Safeway store the Airmiles deals are even more extraordinary. For three weeks running they've offered a coupon in my weekly flyer for 600 hundred Airmiles with a $200 purchase. These are bonus miles on top of what you get for buying the batteries or soup. I've racked up well over 2000 Airmiles in the past three weeks spending just over $600 on groceries I'd buy anyways. Those Airmiles are enough for two roundtrip tickets to Minneapolis where we travel regularly to see family. Even with the redemption fees what I'm spending on the groceries is roughly equivalent to what the tickets are worth. So I've pretty much just got $600 of groceries for free (although I may have a few more Duracell batteries than I really need).
Old Nov 9, 2005, 7:26 am

Programs: AC MM
600 bonus for spending $200! At the Safeways that I shop at they almost always have 250 AM for a $200 spend on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. But I have never seen 600.

Speaking of Airmiles, I was checking my statement online yesterday and noticed that I had a deduction of 7 miles for normal groceries and another deduction of 50 AM for Kraft buy 8 event on Oct 2/05. Sure enough I checked my receipts at home and somehow instead of adding these miles to my account they were subtracted! I am still waiting to here back from Airmiles on this issue.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:08 am

Altaflyer - Where did you find the coupons?

[QUOTE= There were $1.50 off coupons for each 2 soups bought at my Safeway making each soup $1.25 (a total steal given regular price is $2.99 each).
[/QUOTE]

Where did you find the $1.50 off coupons Altaflyer? Thanks for your help. I am always looking for a great airmiles deal.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why the hell are there no Safeways in YOW?!?
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by theadams
Where did you find the $1.50 off coupons Altaflyer? Thanks for your help. I am always looking for a great airmiles deal.

My Safeway at 109 st and 82 ave in Edmonton had them - there *may* be some left there - I did not quite abscond with all the coupons They are manufacturer's coupons so if any store has them you can take them and use them at Safeway.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by YOWkid
Why the hell are there no Safeways in YOW?!?
Civil servants too well paid to bother with those silly AirMiles things?
Old Nov 9, 2005, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Altaflyer: Are you trying now to be "The Soup Man" ?
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Civil servants too well paid to bother with those silly AirMiles things?
If only that were true!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:30 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by YOWkid
If only that were true!
Being paid too well or worrying about AirMiles??
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:45 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by YEG Guy
Did someone say soup!!!!
Message sent to your sister.

Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:09 pm

Safeway Pharmacy

Our Safeway in Kelowna has a pharmacy, and quite often there'll be coupons for 10 x Airmiles on prescriptions over $35.00. I usually try to wait when refilling prescr. to get these bonus airmiles.

Elli
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:25 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Originally Posted by Poco
If you live in Winnipeg and shop at the Osborne Village Safeway store the Airmiles deals are even more extraordinary. For three weeks running they've offered a coupon in my weekly flyer for 600 hundred Airmiles with a $200 purchase. These are bonus miles on top of what you get for buying the batteries or soup. I've racked up well over 2000 Airmiles in the past three weeks spending just over $600 on groceries I'd buy anyways. Those Airmiles are enough for two roundtrip tickets to Minneapolis where we travel regularly to see family. Even with the redemption fees what I'm spending on the groceries is roughly equivalent to what the tickets are worth. So I've pretty much just got $600 of groceries for free (although I may have a few more Duracell batteries than I really need).
I've seen that Campbell soup promotion and others at the Osbourne location over the year ...

Winnipeg ... this is a blue collar town - it takes more to sell things here and such are the incentives ... try shopping at the Winnipeg branch of a national chain store and you'll see that more times than not, sales are common place compared to its branches in the big three Canadian cities.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 8:06 pm

Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
Originally Posted by The Winger
600 bonus for spending $200! At the Safeways that I shop at they almost always have 250 AM for a $200 spend on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. But I have never seen 600.

Speaking of Airmiles, I was checking my statement online yesterday and noticed that I had a deduction of 7 miles for normal groceries and another deduction of 50 AM for Kraft buy 8 event on Oct 2/05. Sure enough I checked my receipts at home and somehow instead of adding these miles to my account they were subtracted! I am still waiting to here back from Airmiles on this issue.
I've seen some pretty lucrative Safeway Airmiles offers in Winnipeg over the past year but was blown away at 600 for a $200 spend, especially since they've had it now for three weeks running. But it's a newly renovated location and I'm guessing that they're using the offer to entice people in the area to change their normal shopping patterns. As for the deduction of the 7 miles I noticed the same thing on my statement. I'm curious how they respond.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Talking

If they deduct all the bonus soup airmiles instead of crediting them I'll be in big trouble

7 purchases down, 13 to go....not much butternut squash soup left in South Edmonton
Old Nov 9, 2005, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
If they deduct all the bonus soup airmiles instead of crediting them I'll be in big trouble

7 purchases down, 13 to go....not much butternut squash soup left in South Edmonton
Originally Posted by Soup Nazi
No soup for you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.