Single u/g on two bookings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:11 pm
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Single u/g on two bookings

Tried searching for the answer but without success

I have an M class booking on one PNR from LHR to YYZ on 5th December. On a separate PNR I then have a YYZ-LAS flight about 4 hours later in a Tango+ fare (unfortunately it was not poss for me to do this all on one PNR).

I have already got the u/g on the LHR-YYZ sector confirmed as it is an M fare and plan to use an SWU.

So my questions are:

a) Can I now immediately u/g the YYZ-LAS sector by trying to "add" this onto the LHR-YYZ sector as this flight departs only a few hours after I land at YYZ?.

b) If so, I assume I will need to use an SSWU to cover both sectors as the LAS flight is a Tango+ fare?.

c) If not, I guess I can now only u/g the YYZ-LAS flight within my 4 day E window and will need to use a separate SSWU for that one.

As usual, thanks for any wise input ^
Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Have you tried calling AE about this? I suspect that they won't let you combine the two PNRs into one, but if they do allow you to do that (and you might even ask at check-in at LHR), you could end up with note saying that the "cert" was lifted at LHR. Who knows what they might say in YYZ.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BOH
Tried searching for the answer but without success

I have an M class booking on one PNR from LHR to YYZ on 5th December. On a separate PNR I then have a YYZ-LAS flight about 4 hours later in a Tango+ fare (unfortunately it was not poss for me to do this all on one PNR).

I have already got the u/g on the LHR-YYZ sector confirmed as it is an M fare and plan to use an SWU.

So my questions are:

a) Can I now immediately u/g the YYZ-LAS sector by trying to "add" this onto the LHR-YYZ sector as this flight departs only a few hours after I land at YYZ?.

b) If so, I assume I will need to use an SSWU to cover both sectors as the LAS flight is a Tango+ fare?.

c) If not, I guess I can now only u/g the YYZ-LAS flight within my 4 day E window and will need to use a separate SSWU for that one.

As usual, thanks for any wise input ^
Sorry, two separate tickets, so your answer in this case is (c) with a SWU for your LHR-YYZ flight and a SSWU for the YYZ-LAS flight.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:35 pm
exAC

Combine the two bookings into one and have them requote the fare and see what happens.

Old Nov 6, 2005, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by exAC
Combine the two bookings into one and have them requote the fare and see what happens.
There is no M fare from LHR-LAS, so whilst he may get a cheaper fare, it will not give the UG at time of booking on what is a relatively cheap M fare ex-LHR. it will either reprice as a L/Q/V/H fare and lose the UG at time of booking (which I know is a concern for BOH) or as an expensive Y2 fare.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:27 pm
Suspended

I have done this several times this past month.

All flight pass bookings are essentially 1 segment. I use one cert for travel regardless of number of PNRS. It is important to tell them at check in so they can match the files, so your luggage goes from LHR to LAS. They can also note on the file (the LAS one) that the cert was pulled in LHR. If the T+ fare is B or H, then one SWU should do you for the whole way.

Marc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.