Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Reward travel for two travellers, two accounts, same flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2005, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Hi there,

Tried a search and couldn't find this info, so thought I'd ask here.

What is the best way to proceed if you would like to book reward travel on the same flight for two passengers, but each using their own Aeroplan points? I believe the easiest way is to do it over the phone, but I'd prefer to avoid their telephone booking fee (although I don't remember exactly how much it is).

Is it a fairly safe bet that if you do a search and find availability for 2 passengers, that you will be able to make two separate booking for those flights, 1 passenger at a time?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 12:32 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I'd do a dummy reward reservation using 2 passengers when searching. If it shows up with availability, you can probably book it separately. However, nothing is guaranteed.

Myself, I just call up AP and book it over the phone. I believe the AP agent can hold both seats when you're making the booking. Depends if you think that's worth the $.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go online with two web browser sessions. Logon to aeroplan using the two accounts. Request the travel in both sessions. If you see availability in both- book it. This should work I think.... Let us know how you solve this one
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:31 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Go online with two web browser sessions. Logon to aeroplan using the two accounts. Request the travel in both sessions. If you see availability in both- book it. This should work I think.... Let us know how you solve this one
Be careful with this one, I seem to remember having confused the site when having two open sessions. You'll want to go in lock step and make sure that it is working well and knows who is who in each session, if it seems to be working through the process you should be okay.

If it is very important to me to use points for both flights I call. If it's not, I usually take my chances by confirming availability in advance and then booking separately.

(edited to make more clear)
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Be careful with this one, I seem to remember having confused the site when having two open sessions. You'll want to go in lock step and make sure that it works okay. If it is very important to me to use points for both I call. If it's not, I usually take my chances by confirming in advance.
Very good point- I didnt think about the site getting confused- but depending on how they set up their system this could be a risk. I dont have 2 aeroplan accounts so I cant test this- but there is a chance for problems here....
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:17 am

Programs: QF LTG AC *G
If possible use two separate computers. I think this is related to cookies, the cookie that identifies you to the Air Canada computer can only be logged with one user per computer at the same time.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses.

I did a bit of an experiment.

I searched around to find a flight that only had 1 Classic Reward seat available, but not 2. I logged into Aeroplan both in Firefox and IE. When I selected the flight in one browser (but before actually booking it), it held the reservation and it was no longer available in the other browser.

When a flight had two seats available, it let the booking process proceed for 1 seat each in both browsers.

So, it looks like it is a fair bet (but of course, no guarantees) to do two separate simultaneous bookings.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by HeyAussie
If possible use two separate computers. I think this is related to cookies, the cookie that identifies you to the Air Canada computer can only be logged with one user per computer at the same time.
No need. Just use two different browsers like IE and firefox. I have the same type of fear when booking travel for 2 using 2 different sunpass flight pass. Works just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.