Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Service" on Jazz flights? HA!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:46 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I don't think the FA would even know that though!
She wouldn't know an AC directive outlining what she should serve? So she denied me tomato juice out of spite? That's what I've been thinking all along .
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ylwae
She wouldn't know an AC directive outlining what she should serve? So she denied me tomato juice out of spite? That's what I've been thinking all along .
FA's knowing AC directives and abiding by them like swearing on the Bible? funny!

As for the tomato juice... maybe the FA wanted to drink it!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
YXU-YYZ is always a juice and snack (cookies/sesame bits/oriental bits). I'm pretty sure they serve alcohol on the YOW and YUL flights, but I avood those.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by acysb87
...There was another recent flight where the GA announced that there was likely to be a lot of turbulence on the flight.She suggested that if we wanted any beverages,we purchase at YSB.There was not going to be any inflight service...
A smart move. In the last couple of weeks a Jazz FA was quite severely injured when a YVR-YPR flight unexpectedly dropped, throwing her up against the ceiling and down again. Makes you realize why they tell you to keep your seatbelt on.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:35 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by taupo
I've always wondered why they bother providing any sort of food or beverage service on a sub 1 hour flight.

IMO, it is an unnecessary waste of time and expense.
Not to get off-topic, but on TPE-HKG, a little over an hour, they do a full meal service- at any time of day!!!
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
Not to get off-topic, but on TPE-HKG, a little over an hour, they do a full meal service- at any time of day!!!
Yeah, but that's pseudo-international!
Uh oh... the Chinese Secret Police will be after me for that one...
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC Elite,Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premier
I just did Calgary - Lethbridge on a BEH. Every seat is an aisle seat and a window seat. (http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...eech_1900D.php) And the woman I had assumed was the FA (because she stood at the top of the steps greeting us) climbed into the right hand seat of the doorless cockpit and helped to fly us there. Drinks service? I don't think so! The taped announcements included telling us where the first aid kit and fire extinguisher were.

BTW no windows for seat 1A or 1B on that plane, but a nice view over the pilot's shoulder ^
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:52 pm
RTR

Programs: hilton honours, spg
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler

Most european (full service) carriers as well, Had an awesome lunch on quick LH hopper. Cold but very satisfying!

That said, I've flown YYZYSBYYZ and YYCYEGYYC very often, both pretty short flights and have always been offered a choice of beverage (beyond AJ or OJ) including hot coffee or tea, and even beer. Also, cookies or the sesame things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.