Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Do Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:32 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
To BOH, all present FTers and AC exec, many thanks for asking the questions and trying to make things more 'optic and transparent' thatn they already are for all involved. After what was asked in the threads leading up to the LHR Do and the response being summarized by BOH, at least we can better see what lies ahead ... and what more questions have to be asked. Overall a good read and I am sure a good time by all present (bar Parnel afterwards ); wish I was there. Thanks again.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
There was a ring (more square) of fire about 5x5 metres with many people dancing and chanting round it, all following each other in a mesmeric fashion. Most strange - perhaps it was bath time
Union rally?
Old Sep 17, 2005, 8:53 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by tcook052
Union rally?
No, just some enthusiastic non-unionized Walmart trainees !

But seriously, it was a gathering of about 200 or so relatively young-looking people and the group continued to grow as we stood off to the side trying to figure out what was going on. Impressive display of fire and some chanting ( la Tony Robbins et als...)

The chants started to take their effect on me but thankfully Steve saw the glazed look in my eyes and dragged me into the hotel where we saw a sign in the lobby about something called "Fire your passion !" or some other such motivational hogwash....

My room was on the other side of the hotel so I heard no more of it.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:18 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Just to add to BOH and drwoodsy's excellents notes:

- when ADP completes renovations at CDG T1 (late 2007 ?), AC will move into new quarters there with its alliance partners (most of the *A members are already in that terminal now); common lounge facilities (arrivals and departure) are likely;

- just before Christmas 2005, AC will add a 2nd YUL-CDG flight for the mid-December to March period; Ben mentioned schedule as ex-YUL at 1725 and return ex-CDG around noon the next day (TBC); service likely on a 763;

- AC is still keen on getting a YUL-Beirut link in place; more to come once government approval is secured;

- AC is looking at adding some new routes into Central and South America (TBA) (sorry, I forgot the destinations mentioned by Ben )

It was nice to meet some UK and Canadian AC FTers along with Gary Cross (GM Europe, Middle East & Africa) and from his team Robert Boulert, GM Commercial for that same territory. Nice to see Ben Smith, Charlie McKee and AY/Empress fly over to LHR for this meeting, held in the BAA LHR Visitors Centre, next door to the Renaissance (and which is well worth a visit in its own right).

We had an enjoyable time in and around Covent Garden sharing stories from the frontlines of AC travel and reminiscing over some of our more controversial threads and charming characters on AC FT !

Just spoke with parnel (what were you doing at Harrod's ? ) and he will post some info from his notes later.

Thanks to BOH and parnel for getting this together.

Last edited by NordsFan; Sep 17, 2005 at 9:23 am
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:29 am
At Large

In terms of the seat refurbishment AC also noted that LH recently has completely stopped their seat refurb program due to technology problems and AC wants to avoid those problems. Maybe that'll stop the whining from QSG.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:34 am
At Large

The issue of the weight allowance per bag was discussed and Ben promised to get back to us after discussing the issue internally. It was suggested that the weight per bag issue while drive by employee safety concerns is punishing those who my want to bring one bag weighing say 32 KG instead of two weighing say max 23 KG each
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parnel
The issue of the weight allowance per bag was discussed and Ben promised to get back to us after discussing the issue internally. It was suggested that the weight per bag issue while drive by employee safety concerns is punishing those who my want to bring one bag weighing say 32 KG instead of two weighing say max 23 KG each

We all know how you hate bringing checked luggage to LHR.
As you are learning 1st hand,a mothers daughter has priority over
your checked luggage issues.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:49 am
At Large

Another issue discussed was the unlimited use two month N/A pass...AC has definitely aimed this at the regular commuter and has sold quite a few of them already and are very pleased with sales to date. These passes will, as discussed earlier, eventually be part of the passes that become corporate/multi user passes.
AC is still feeling their way with passes and admits they have lots to learn yet about the best way/methods/locations to sell them.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parnel
Another issue discussed was the unlimited use two month N/A pass...AC has definitely aimed this at the regular commuter and has sold quite a few of them already and are very pleased with sales to date. These passes will, as discussed earlier, eventually be part of the passes that become corporate/multi user passes.
AC is still feeling their way with passes and admits they have lots to learn yet about the best way/methods/locations to sell them.
AC still needs to address us regional flyers outside the big cities.(or was thias their answer ? )
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:04 am
At Large

Originally Posted by acysb87
AC still needs to address us regional flyers outside the big cities.(or was thias their answer ? )
Forgot that one also..they think YSB flyers should just drive to YYZ

Actually I was told in a side bar conversation that the passes from smaller areas are still to be totally resolved and is in reality part of the learning curve they are going through.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:10 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Thanks to BOH and Parnel for asking the qs and getting some answers.

Re the 767 refurb, in fairness to AC, when they said it would happen on a particular date, I automatically added 12 months to it. Anything to do with technology will always be very late and over budget.

Good news on the delay for e-upgrades, we can continue to help each other for at least two more years.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat/1MM, AC Basic (ex E, SE, VIA, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
I think you may be right that it was their answer
There is no incentive for any changes on Jazz service to from YSB or YGK for example, as there is no competition on our routes. I am not accusing AC of creating a monopoly by nefarious means, but they have ended up with one. Then, once a monopoly exists, while there may not be malice towards customers, neither is there any pressure to reduce pricing or improve service.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:22 am
At Large

We all know how you hate bringing checked luggage to LHR.
As you are learning 1st hand,a mothers daughter has priority over
your checked luggage issues.
You got that right...its one issue you cannot fight and win in life The daughters know how to work their fathers.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taupo

Good news on the delay for e-upgrades, we can continue to help each other for at least two more years.
I agree here 100%.
Old Sep 17, 2005, 10:42 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I am encouraged to hear that the 777/787 issue is still on the table and might become a reality for AC. The delays on the e-certs are also good news!!

Thanks to all involved!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.