Search

YYZ event

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
YYZ event

There is an event being organized for YYZ FFers and those who are not locals but would like to attend ( similar to the YUL DO)

Considering that " the more the merrier", in this case if there are more attendees that the current registrants, the AC execs will be more tempted to attend.

You will have to go to the Dark Side to register and get more info
Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:27 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Dates Please. As I have lots of Business Travel booked until summer.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:45 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
A Plea!

Hi dodo-

I'd like to register without having to go to the Dark Side. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you and your braintrust would consider parallel posting on FT.

I don't think the vast majority of posters on this forum should be compelled to join another forum to punish FT for perceived, maybe even justified, issues of moderation and cert giving.

I for one, can disagree with a particular FT policy, but still remain supportive of FT in general and posting in this forum on issues unrelated to moderation and cert giving.

So, I'm not asking that you shut down your Dark Side, but rather that you make your YYZ-Do offer as inclusive as possible, by noting details here.

Certainly, Aeroplan must be breathing a sigh of relief that our recent focus has been on moderation and cert giving INSTEAD of a thorough analysis of the 2005 program. Further, Aeroplan can only be comforted seeing a dilution of the braintrust on FT, as they scurry off to errorplan and canflyer or worse yet, just bow out. Finally, besides the risk of a long term degradation of quality posts about the Aeroplan program, there is the risk that such decentralization onto other boards will impact this forum as not having the force and unity of numbers to react to Aeroplan policy changes. We want Aeroplan to respect our opinions AND our ability to mobilize our opinions.

Hopefully, this upcoming YYZ-DO can represent a return to the core issues facing Aeroplan and its members.

For example:

* Is the 2005 program just another year of the 'salami strategy' to incrementally cut the program?

* Are the Packages 1,2,3 sufficient benefits based on the amount of flying that is required and compared to other programs?

* Will another upgrade bucket ever be instituted as noted by Duncan Dees, to better service holders of UG certs (that can't be given away or traded on this forum )

I'm confident plenty of others have substantive issues that could be analyzed on these boards that are related to the current functioning and future planning of Aeroplan policy. The YYZ-Do should be a terrific, social time, but we should be able to finish that meeting and post some intelligent and compelling results that give Aeroplan pause for thought...because based on the posting patterns as of late, Aeroplan can only be delighted that Randy has replaced Rupert as the cause de celebre.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:17 pm

Programs: ACMM / Altitude S100K / HH Diamond
The individual setting the "do" up is no longer on FT ... he is at the Dark Side ... hence if you wish to let him know you need to communicate with him there ... he did ask that we let folks know here so as not to let you out of the overall picture ...
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
Dates Please. As I have lots of Business Travel booked until summer.
No dates have yet been determined... the individual working on it I believe will provide a couple of possible dates but at this time is just letting folks here know about the event upcoming we hope
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
The individual setting the "do" up is no longer on FT ... he is at the Dark Side ... hence if you wish to let him know you need to communicate with him there ... he did ask that we let folks know here so as not to let you out of the overall picture ...
You mean shore9 has left FT and setting up "do's"??

Last edited by whatsontv; Feb 7, 2005 at 1:53 pm Reason: no pants on
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Why are we calling it the Dark Side to begin with. I am compelled to call it the Light Side. Everyone seems to act in a better community spirit on some of the other sites. This may be due to the fact that the majority of those using the other sites have the same things in common.

At the end of the day you can support which ever site you want but if the organizing party only accepts registration from a particular provider than that is where you will have to go. I will continue to use several different sites until I decide (or others for that matter) differently.

At the end of the day it is up to you.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PreferBulkhead
Thanks PB
-----------------
Beaubo

Since I am not the organizer nor a YYZ frequent visitor, I was just notifying the FFers who would be interested in what was happening with the planning of the said YYZ DO.

I took it upon myself to be the messenger here after we were asked to broadcast this event because I would not want this opportunity to fall into the cracks and let you guys down.

Last edited by dodo; Feb 7, 2005 at 1:42 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by stinger
Why are we calling it the Dark Side to begin with.
Good point ... I will call it my new found home ...
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your new found land?
Old Feb 7, 2005, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Excuse my ignorance, but could someone please elaborate on what The Dark Side is? I've been away from FT for over a week, so may have missed something, but in the past this phrase has related to the Oneworld Alliance among STAR Alliance flyers. Does it mean something else now?
Old Feb 7, 2005, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Excuse my ignorance, but could someone please elaborate on what The Dark Side is? I've been away from FT for over a week, so may have missed something, but in the past this phrase has related to the Oneworld Alliance among STAR Alliance flyers. Does it mean something else now?
www.errorplan.com and another one!
Old Feb 7, 2005, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shareholder

YGPM
Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:43 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Excuse me for a moment.....

I guess i'm shaking my head at hoew any one person would think that posting something like this would be considered a "right" thing to do. Apologies to anyone offended, but would you consider this type of post appropriate if you were running some other Dark Side?

That aside, thanks beaubo for being a person of reason. I guess I'm very confused. there seems to be much ado about a particular FT policy. My guess is that not a single member here can point to any change of "policies" in this or any other forum in the last week or so. Surely you have a friend who might be a mod and can point out a directive of change. Fact is, there has not been one. A few threads were moved around and may require a closer look at interpretations, but given that a question came in on that topic while i was away and it remains to this moment unanswered, would you really see that as a policy change. Maybe a mistake was made. Those things happen, just as a few members in this forum have as well made mistakes in their posting. I would think it appropriate to validate any changes before you get to posting in a manner as is exhibited here.

Maybe it's just me, but i personally consider it bad form to trash a person's home while a welcome guest. If I was at any function where i thought about going somewhere else, I think if I had already enjoyed their buffet, that's i'd find the host, thank them for the invitation and just slip away when it was appropriate. I know i wouldn't make a scene on the way out since who knows, I might be back.

But guys/gals, look at the tone on some of these posts and ask yourself - is this really something to be proud of?

Do yourself a favor, get out of this thread and go find a topic that either you can learn something about travel from or contribute to someone else's experience. I'm pretty sure that was the founding guidelines of FT.

Thanks for understanding.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 8:57 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
One thing that I really don't see a problem with is, as already mentioned the fact that we cannot post certificate giveaway's here. When I come on FT, I only look at the AC forum, no others. AC upgrade certs can only be used by AC status members, hence this board would provide the best place for them to be distributed. This is not the only reason people are mad, but for some it is a big reason. Any take on this Randy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.