FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ event
Thread: YYZ event
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:45 am
beaubo

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
A Plea!

Hi dodo-

I'd like to register without having to go to the Dark Side. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you and your braintrust would consider parallel posting on FT.

I don't think the vast majority of posters on this forum should be compelled to join another forum to punish FT for perceived, maybe even justified, issues of moderation and cert giving.

I for one, can disagree with a particular FT policy, but still remain supportive of FT in general and posting in this forum on issues unrelated to moderation and cert giving.

So, I'm not asking that you shut down your Dark Side, but rather that you make your YYZ-Do offer as inclusive as possible, by noting details here.

Certainly, Aeroplan must be breathing a sigh of relief that our recent focus has been on moderation and cert giving INSTEAD of a thorough analysis of the 2005 program. Further, Aeroplan can only be comforted seeing a dilution of the braintrust on FT, as they scurry off to errorplan and canflyer or worse yet, just bow out. Finally, besides the risk of a long term degradation of quality posts about the Aeroplan program, there is the risk that such decentralization onto other boards will impact this forum as not having the force and unity of numbers to react to Aeroplan policy changes. We want Aeroplan to respect our opinions AND our ability to mobilize our opinions.

Hopefully, this upcoming YYZ-DO can represent a return to the core issues facing Aeroplan and its members.

For example:

* Is the 2005 program just another year of the 'salami strategy' to incrementally cut the program?

* Are the Packages 1,2,3 sufficient benefits based on the amount of flying that is required and compared to other programs?

* Will another upgrade bucket ever be instituted as noted by Duncan Dees, to better service holders of UG certs (that can't be given away or traded on this forum )

I'm confident plenty of others have substantive issues that could be analyzed on these boards that are related to the current functioning and future planning of Aeroplan policy. The YYZ-Do should be a terrific, social time, but we should be able to finish that meeting and post some intelligent and compelling results that give Aeroplan pause for thought...because based on the posting patterns as of late, Aeroplan can only be delighted that Randy has replaced Rupert as the cause de celebre.