Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Lottery to SYD Jan 05

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2004, 8:15 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
If you're in J, they should give you an invitatation card with a map. If not, when you exit the Customs Hall, bear over to your left, past the ramp to the Tube, and go out of the doors by the Left Luggage office. The AL is about 30 m on your left.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 2:07 am

Programs: QF Platinum
Ive decided to chance my arm with regards to SYD-YVR in Feb 05. I am flexible with dates, so I'll heed the earlier advice and go for the Tues or Wed of the first or second week in Feb. I would however, like some further advice as to which flight to book. (All flights seem to be showing a fair bit of availability even in H class and below).

There is an early 763 SYD departure - the upside of which is that it is too early to allow domestic connections (save for the red eyes from Perth and Darwin) - and may be possibly less favoured by others who prefer to avoid rising with the sun, but the downside of this choice is that the 763 has less total J seats than the later 340.

The later 340 however, will allow for connections from other Australian ports and may attract those who like a little bit of sleep the night before.

I will be using the UK Standby upgrades, so there will have to be availibility at the gate for me to get a boarding card with a low seat number on it.

Any suggestions and/or imperical evidence as to which flight would be more suitable would be most appreciated. As would tips re which aircraft would be more comfortable if I were to wind up where I belong in Y.

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.