Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-BOM Flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2004, 4:24 pm

Programs: several
Originally Posted by AC_flyer
Why fly,
Give it a rest with SQ not being happy about their A345s.

Do not believe everything you read on airliners.net or any other forums...
Indeed. Don't believe MOST of what you read in airliners.net. It seems as through the average age in there is 14.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by jral
It seems as through the average age in there is 14.
Actually, based on info in their advertising literature the median age for all visitors is 26 and of active participants is 18. So you're not particularly far off target!
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:24 pm
At Large

Originally Posted by jral
Indeed. Don't believe MOST of what you read in airliners.net. It seems as through the average age in there is 14.
No you screwed that up...its the FT AC thread some days/nights that has the lower average age.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 10:22 pm

I do hope so
Old Jun 6, 2004, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by parnel
When they had the BOM service it went through LHR and all other flts from Canada loaded people onto it in LHR, instead of YYZ which is now the collection point for DEL.
The problem with doing this again is that the Canada-UK bilateral only gives rights to AC to operate "up to four flights per week in each direction between London and points in Asia east of Israel (excluding Japan, Hong Kong, China, Indonesia)".

Another option to serve BOM would have been to run it as a tag on the DEL service (since the plane sat on ground for 7 hours at DEL), but the Canada-India bilateral has a specific provision that "Bombay and Delhi shall not be served on the same flight".

Going through FRA remains an option, but the India-Germany market is suddenly flush with capacity due to Air India's growth using FRA as a transatlantic gateway. The fifth freedom traffic to be had would not be sufficient to sustain the route through there.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
B747
AC was sometimes stopping to refuel in Sweeden [ i think] Just plan to do this stop all the time and offer direct service to BOM. Also they could use a 767 lots of them around these days.

Or refuel in Gander YQX then the flight is only 10,800 km.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.