Search

YYZ-EWR : Few observations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2004, 9:33 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
YYZ-EWR : Few observations

Just came back on a one day business trip to EWR... Haven't been down in almost a year...

A few things I noticed:
(1) They have downgraded the aircraft to mostly regional jets. So much for the 319 and 320's that were prominent a year ago. I just cant stand regional jets. Next time, I am considering going Continental.
(2) On the way back, instead of a CRJ, got the 319 which was a surprise. I upgraded to J class and on such a short flight, they served a delicious hot sandwich (either Turkey or Chicken and Bacon). I chose the Chicken and Bacon - it was very good and large as well. Hot Crispy bread and moist chicken. They put me in 1A - which had lots of legroom... Definitely my favorite seat on the 319.
(3) Price to EWR was highly competitive (probably due to Jetsgo).. I booked my flight 2 days ahead and the bill came out to less than $800.
(4) Used the RCC lounge at gate 18.. which was close to gate 22 (AC), though one has to clear security twice. Nice lounge, with very decent food. I love the vanilla coffee machine.. and the danishes. Still no wireless access.

Last edited by ACfly; Jun 6, 2004 at 9:34 am Reason: Too add 2 more points
Old Jun 6, 2004, 9:44 am

Flew YYZ-LGA in J last Wednesday. No sandwich here just some potatoe chips... The only difference to Y were the better seats and that the chips bag was a big one...
Old Jun 6, 2004, 9:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Tim2008
Flew YYZ-LGA in J last Wednesday. No sandwich here just some potatoe chips... The only difference to Y were the better seats and that the chips bag was a big one...
Also the SE staff are great at this airport Thanks Laura.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.