Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Online SE Reward Booking not 100% yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2004, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG - Platinum, Hertz - 5 Star

Just booked a couple of reward seats for my son and his girl friend to come home for a visit Friday night. They are in class until late so instead of cutting class like I would have so many years ago, they asked dear old dad to book seats on AC 637 leaving YUL at 22:00 and arriving YYZ at 23:17. Going back on Sunday night they wanted the 22:00 flight as well.

When I went to the Aeroplan site out of 16 pages of choices I could get the 22:00 return on Sunday, but not the 22:00 out bound on Friday? Since I have been on that flight many times in the past, I was surprised to find no availability as it is rarely full. When I called the SE desk, the agent checked and found that space was available but for some reason the booking engine did not see it. She had me book another combination of flights and give her the locator while she waited patiently online and then changed my booking to the actual flights I wanted, without charging me the $25 per ticket booking fee.

The technology still needs a little work, but the service from the agent was first rate. So the lesson is if you can't find the flight you want online, it may still be available if you make the call. I know there have been a few grumbles about the service from Aeroplan, but generally I have found things to be very good to excellent as I have booked over 500K of reward travel this year.

DF
Old May 31, 2004, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could be that the flight in question is oversold?
Old May 31, 2004, 11:11 pm
exAC

Originally Posted by Stranger
Could be that the flight in question is oversold?
Like Doc Fraud I doubt that the 2200 YUL-YYZ is oversold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.