Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC upgrade certs on UA metal?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Is there a CIC to point them to which would at least confirm that the "you can't, you have a UA ticket" point is a load of nonsense?
Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:47 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

yyznomad, last night was first time in 3 weeks I got 8 hours of sleep and will be the last for the next little while.

That fare mapper is lot harder than initially thought because as mentioned above, it's a mess right now with UA trying to match AC's new fares so it's different for every city pair. Is there a particular one that you're looking for? That would make the task much more accomplishable.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Simon
Is there a CIC to point them to which would at least confirm that the "you can't, you have a UA ticket" point is a load of nonsense?
Those CIC on your UG certs would do it (don't have it in front of me). It saids in there that if you're booked on a codeshare operated by AC, you're eligible to UG on day of departure.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Empress
yyznomad, last night was first time in 3 weeks I got 8 hours of sleep and will be the last for the next little while.

That fare mapper is lot harder than initially thought because as mentioned above, it's a mess right now with UA trying to match AC's new fares so it's different for every city pair. Is there a particular one that you're looking for? That would make the task much more accomplishable.
No problem. I knew it would be a challenge given the various city pairings
I fly everywhere US/CANADA on various 016 and 014 tickets with codeshares, so each time I need to know I'll send you a private email instead. Thanks for giving it some thought, anyhow. ^
Old Jun 6, 2004, 2:56 pm

I was looking to use it on YHZ-YYZ-LAX-HNL. I booked in a UA H fare for all flights. The first two are codeshares operated by AC and the last is on UA. So the question is what cert will be required and would they be able to upgrade me at YHZ through to LAX presuming they accept a cert?
Old Jun 6, 2004, 3:01 pm

UA H = AC M on YHZ-HNL. But I presume you're referring to that $300 UA H fare that was on last week? That means it's not equivalent to anything on AC. However, if the agent doesn't look into it, you will probably be able to upgrade using a SSWU confirmed on a segment by segment basis (i.e. get YHZ-YYZ @ YHZ then YYZ-LAX @ YYZ).
Old Jun 7, 2004, 5:06 pm

Question

UA H = AC M on YHZ-HNL. But I presume you're referring to that $300 UA H fare that was on last week? That means it's not equivalent to anything on AC. However, if the agent doesn't look into it, you will probably be able to upgrade using a SSWU confirmed on a segment by segment basis (i.e. get YHZ-YYZ @ YHZ then YYZ-LAX @ YYZ).

If UA H = AC M then would I not be able to use a SWU? Hoping for a bit of confusion to work in my favour!!

Any idea on the % of miles I should get on these flights?
Old Jun 7, 2004, 9:31 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
You should be glad, having pointed this out, that you haven't seen a post pop up here with a list of several hundred city pairs which you should look into, along with a query on the lounges and airport restaurants in each one
Old Jun 7, 2004, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by blue2002
Talking to AC staff (both call center and a concierge at YYZ), I have been advised that UA accepts AC upgrade certs, although strictly on a stand-by basis at the gate .

Mentioning this to UA staff at ORD and MSP, I get blank stares and/or clear denials.
An E was making exactly this request in the "C" RCC at ORD this morning. It was met by a blank stare and a quick, dismissive shake of the head, along with an offer that the pax could always purchase an upgrade or UA certs.

This guy was in a poor seat, and asked if she'd put him on the upgrade list anyway.

She replied she'd love to, although he "might" run into some issues when he didn't have anything to support it with at the gate

Hope it was no-one from this forum
Old Jun 8, 2004, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Simon
You should be glad, having pointed this out, that you haven't seen a post pop up here with a list of several hundred city pairs which you should look into, along with a query on the lounges and airport restaurants in each one
I just thought Flyergold2 was on vacation or flying somewhere right now & don't have time to post... so i still think those posts with the hundred city pairs will show up soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.