Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

New compensation program starts in late March

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New compensation program starts in late March

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
what I'm understanding from reading this thread, is that a 200 dollar flight credit for an 11 hour delay is no good and that I should be pressing for more.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC Super Elite *G, United, Aeromexico
Originally Posted by acysb87
Twinkler,welcome to FT

I would write the letter.IMO,compensation for cab fare would be reasonable.A receipt(copy) should be attached.
You do not indicate,what,if any status you have with AC.
Thanks for the welcome!

Sorry, by the way, if I posted this into the wrong thread. I searched everywhere in the forums and could not find a better place; if there is a more suitable thread for this question already, please let me know.

Yes, I have Elite status with Air Canada.

And, in terms of additional compensation, I was thinking of miles, for example.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:09 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by twinkler
Sorry, by the way, if I posted this into the wrong thread. I searched everywhere in the forums and could not find a better place; if there is a more suitable thread for this question already, please let me know.
Some old timers could take lessons from you, both in terms of decorum and diligence. And, no, this is not necessarily the wrong thread. Once again, welcome!
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:50 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Interesting thread--I wasn't aware that compensation on the spot for in-flight problems (eg non-functioning IFE) is the norm. I was on two flights recently, both in paid J, which had seat and IFE problems, respectively. Neither in-charge offered any compensation (and in one case, not even an apology). When I wrote in, however, compensation arrived quickly.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:17 pm

I wasn't aware that compensation on the spot for in-flight problems (eg non-functioning IFE) is the norm.
I think that part of the problem is that it's not the norm. Perhaps it should be, perhaps it's even in the rules. But I think more often than not people are sent on their way without compensation.

I imagine it would help if people knew to ask for or demand it.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC*E
I was travelling on a reward ticket in J. The outbound flight was delayed by 2 hours, due to late incoming aircraft. The return was late by 2 hours as well. On the return flight, the volume on the audio IFE was quite loud while on the lowest setting. The in-charge couldn't fix the problem and suggested that I use the ear plugs in combination. Flight was full, so I couldn't be moved to another seat. The problem was somehow fixed, as the volume was fine after the transit stop. Does this qualify for compensation mentioned here? Even on a reward ticket?

Last edited by highflyer88; Jan 20, 2006 at 8:22 pm
Old Jan 22, 2006, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by highflyer88
I was travelling on a reward ticket in J. ... Does this qualify for compensation mentioned here? Even on a reward ticket?
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
The fact that you're on an Aeroplan ticket doesn't make a difference. You're treated like a revenue passenger when it comes to compensation.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:31 am

Programs: CX-Silver, HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by Ken hAAmer
I think that part of the problem is that it's not the norm. Perhaps it should be, perhaps it's even in the rules. But I think more often than not people are sent on their way without compensation.

I imagine it would help if people knew to ask for or demand it.
Yup..until FT, I never knew about this. December 04, Christmas time.. my YYZ flight was delayed 3+ hours.. got to YVR late. YVR to NRT was also late. So missed my flight NRT connection to SIN. Scored an upgrade to NRT as a good will gesture. Accomodations in NRT as well. But no official compensation. But i was quite happy with the upgrade tho
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:09 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
I recently received 15,000 points because a YYZ gate agent off-loaded me on my connecting flight despite the flight still boarding pax when I got to the gate. Baggage rules the gate agent claimed. The flight I was arriving from had an aircraft change (mechanical).

I'm appreciative of the points I received and I may even use then someday, but what I was really steamed at is that the gate agent didn't let a concierge know that she was off-loading a couple SE's. I spoke with a concierge in the MLL during my lengthy layover and she told me had she known she would have ensured I'd made the flight given there was time.

What I want to know is does customer solutions just throw points or MCO's around like candy to appease us folks who spend enough time writing a letter to them, or does AC management or policy-makers ever actually get informed of some of the reasons for the complaints and actually do something about it? It would be nice to know that perhaps policy could change because of our experiences and hopefully someone wouldn't have this happen again. Or is this just something we need to bring up at a DO?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:29 am
YHZ

Wow! I think the concept of empowerment to the employees isn't widespread yet. On two occassions this month I have had cancellations due to mechanical issues. I was told to contact customer solutions. I'm still waiting for a response from my first communciation on the 9th of January.

My second occurance happened yesterday after I drove from YQX to YYT because the contracted Beechcraft AC uses went mechanical. I asked about compensation for the extra costs incurred for the rental car and all I got was contact customer solutions. Meanwhile I'm currently out $333.00 (drop charges and gas for the 4 hr run) and have to send e-mails into a black hole.

After years as an Elite the odds caught up to me. The two cancellations this month were the first mechanical issues in 10+ years.

Is there any faster way to seek resolution?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.