Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The Air Canada Million Mile Program (2023 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Yhztraveller
Air Canada Million Mile Master Thread Wiki

*** For the time being, please post any wiki requests as a regular post and allow yyznomad to manage the wiki. Please and thank you.

JUMP TO THE FAQ

It is long overdue that this Million Miler master thread got a wiki. This thread was started by Catch, who first reported receiving his/her Million Miler kit from Air Canada.
Seeing how the same questions get asked repeatedly over the last eight years, I put together as much information as possible. Of course, the Million Miler program is a fluid beast and with newly minted Million Milers as we go along, this wiki will be updated to reflect such changes and program updates.

In the past, several former and extremely valuable contributors to the AC FT forum, as well as current contributors, have lobbied Air Canada for a Lifetime recognition program.

Beginning in 2010, this program came to fruition. As per Andrew Yiu, a former valued FT contributor (under a different handle) and now Air Canada Executive and a former FT AC lurker:

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
As I had previously mentioned in the post on 2010 top tier benefits as well as during SE events, Air Canada will start recognizing customers who have demonstrated long term loyalty to Air Canada by flying significant amount of status miles on Air Canada operated flights including regional carriers such as Jazz since the inception of the Air Canada top tier program. Those who qualified for this program will be contacted directly by AC in the coming weeks as the mailing of the packages are not done in one batch; so if you didn't get anything yesterday, don't assume you didn't qualify. The number of members that qualified is extremely small relative to the overall membership base hence the details of the program are communicated directly with those who qualified and not communicated in a press release (as some of you have suggested). As for the core benefits of the program, the first post gave some pretty good description of it.

As to those who accused us of 'poor communication' 'embarassing communication day', members who qualified for this would have been contacted with a nicely presented package and again only very small group of customers qualified for this.

And without further adieu, the MM FAQ.

- yyznomad

======================================

Air Canada Million Mile Lifetime: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q0: When did the Million Mile Lifetime program rollout?
Q1a: Where can I find my Million Miler Lifetime AQM total?
Q1b: Where can I find my historical Million Miler Lifetime AQM activity/flights?
Q2: Which types of AQM counts toward Million Miler Lifetime AQM?
Q3: What do I get when I reach Million Miler nirvana and when will I get my MM package?
Q4: What Privileges do I get as a Million Miler?
Q5: When I become a 2MMer, what is the process for gifting Lifetime status to another person?
Q6: How many Air Canada Million Mile members are there?
Q7: How do Air Canada Million Mile Lifetime members compare to other programs?
Q8: Does/can the front-line staff and crew have the ability to distinguish between a 1MM vs. 2MM vs. 3MM vs. etc?
Q9: What additional benefits does a Million Mile Lifetime member receive?
Q10: What are the PIL codes for MMers?
Q11: Which FTers are Million Mile Lifetime members?

Back to FAQ

Q0: When did the Million Mile Lifetime program rollout?

The program was quietly rolled out in 2010 at around the same time this thread was started. There was no press release. There was no blast to members. Only those who had achieved MM status based on the requirements were communicated with directly.

Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
As I had previously mentioned in the post on 2010 top tier benefits as well as during SE events, Air Canada will start recognizing customers who have demonstrated long term loyalty to Air Canada by flying significant amount of status miles on Air Canada operated flights including regional carriers such as Jazz since the inception of the Air Canada top tier program. Those who qualified for this program will be contacted directly by AC in the coming weeks as the mailing of the packages are not done in one batch; so if you didn't get anything yesterday, don't assume you didn't qualify. The number of members that qualified is extremely small relative to the overall membership base hence the details of the program are communicated directly with those who qualified and not communicated in a press release (as some of you have suggested). As for the core benefits of the program, the first post gave some pretty good description of it.

As to those who accused us of 'poor communication' 'embarassing communication day', members who qualified for this would have been contacted with a nicely presented package and again only very small group of customers qualified for this.
Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q1a: Where can I find my Million Miler Lifetime AQM total?

In your Altitude account (not Aeroplan), there is a special section labeled with a small "Million Mile Member" just underneath the "Priority Rewards Available" section.

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q1b: Where can I find my Million Miler Lifetime AQM total?

When the program was launched in late 2010/early 2011, there was an email in which members could use to retrieve a list (Excel spreadsheet) of historical flights that went towards MM status.
This email is no longer in use by Air Canada. At this time, there is no officially known method in which an Altitude member can retrive a list of historical flights.

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q2: Which types of AQM counts toward Million Miler Lifetime AQM?

From Air Canada:
Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude
Fly more than one million Lifetime Altitude Qualifying Miles on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and you'll become part of this distinguished group. AQMs which are eligible for this program are those earned on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and its regional affiliates (such as Air Canada Express) since 1988.

Additionally, AQMs earned as a bonus for purchasing Business Class fares, or in conjunction with the purchase of an Air Canada Unlimited Flight Pass, will count towards this program. Note that all other AQMs, including those earned for travel operated by the Star Alliance member airlines, do not qualify.
In other words, you need to fly on Air Canada operated metal (Mainline, Rouge, regional affiliates, etc.) with fare classes that earn AQM including Class of Service Bonus (COS), where applicable, or purchase a UFP (Unlimited Flight Pass) which accrues monthly flat rate AQMs (varies depending on fare category of the UFP - typically 10,000 AQM/Flex/month, 15,000 AQM/Latitude/month, 20,000 AQM/Business/Month, etc.).
Anything else, including AQM promotional bonuses, other AQM bonuses, Benefit package AQMs as part of flight pass purchases, flying other airline metal on Air Canada 014 ticket stock, etc., do not qualify.
Those who had status with CP had their relevant miles grandfathered as Lifetime miles.

Please note that AQS/segments do not count towards Lifetime status. There is currently no AQD requirement for Lifetime status.

Having said that, this is no easy feat given the strict requirements.

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q3: What do I get when I reach Million Miler nirvana and when will I get my MM package?

The Million Miler packages have changed over time.
  • Once crossing over the 1MM threshold, you may receive an email acknowledging the achievement.
  • Your Altitude page should reflect 1MM shortly thereafter (depends on sweeps but can be as fast as a week but YMMV)
  • The MM package has been reported to be received approximately a few weeks following the MM threshold crossing, but again, YMMV.

Newly minted 1 Million Mile members typically get a scale model aircraft with the base engraved with your name along with the Million Miler designation. Prior to Dreamliners entering service with Air Canada, members received a model 777 aircraft. Since 2014/2015, new Million Mile members have received Air Canada Dreamliner models.
You will receive new luggage tags and a new member card reflecting the current status you are at (that is, no lower than E50K from that point onward) which include the Million Miles logo (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.).
Additional eUpgrade credits are given.

Some members, at different MM levels, have reported receiving in-person celebrations courtesy of Air Canada at the airport after arriving from a flight that brought them over an MM threshold, in-flight recognition from the SD regardless of cabin, surprise recognition and gifts in the MLLs, etc.

Two Million and Three Million+ Milers have also anecdotally received various gifts, which have varied over the years.
Gifts may include additional eUpgrade credits, a selection from a list of gifts that have included items such as Bose products, jewellery, gift cards with significant value, etc.

It is certainly exciting to become a Million Mile member!

The most recent information is courtesy of 24left:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30121386-post3296.html

Originally Posted by 24left
Ooooooh, Fedex package arrived today........

Very exciting.

First thing you see inside the box

When you open the top, there is this

Then there is the multi-folded package. It has a very nice letter signed by Calin and Ben, along with these.

Yes, a huge thanks to my awesome friend @gabdusch who had the creative talents to make sure these cards had my "name"

Oooooooh

Ok, I'm excited now. It's Fin 801, the "first born". I flew her 4 years ago on my first ever flight to Tokyo HND.

Yes, I will take the time to assemble and let you all know how that worked out.

(sma)
Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q4: What Privileges do I get as a Million Miler?

One Million Miles
Your Altitude status will never fall below Elite 50K
Two Million Miles
Your Altitude status will never fall below Elite75K, and that of a friend, will never fall below Elite 50K
Three Million Miles
Your Altitude status will never fall below Super Elite 100K, and that of a friend will never fall below Elite 50K
Four Million Miles+
Once you reach Four Million Miles, your Altitude status will never fall below Super Elite100K. The status of your previously nominated friend will never fall below Elite 75K. Keep flying to receive greater, additional recognition.
Five Million Miles
???
As of this initial wiki entry, there is only one known Five Million Miler.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ion-miler.html

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q5: When I become a 2MMer, what is the process for gifting E50K Lifetime status to another person?

In your Altitude account, there will eventually be a link that allows you to nominate your E50K Lifetime status beneficiary.
Your beneficiary must have an Aeroplan account as their name and Aeroplan number is required, along with requisite contact/address information.
Once submitted, they will receive their package within several weeks.

Please note that this is the one and only beneficiary you will pick as they will receive this status for life. Pick wisely!
Furthermore, if you become a Four Million Mile member, then your beneficiary gets a boost from E50K Lifetime up to E75 Lifetime.

Your beneficiary will then be listed under the Million Mile member program details:

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q6: How many Air Canada Million Mile members are there?

Air Canada has not officially published numbers on this.

Anecdotally, there is only one (1) Five Million Miler, John Segatti (this information is public, so don't get all wound up about publishing the member's name). This was achieved in December 2016.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...ion-miler.html

The number of Four Million Milers is not known, although there will be one FT contributor who will reach this milestone shortly. This cohort would be definitely miniscule.

There is most likely no more than 50 Three Million Milers.

The number of Two Million Milers is unknown, although it is generally accepted, anecdotally, that it is much more rare than the ubiquitous One Million Miler.

The number of One Million Milers is anecdotally "large", but in the context of all members, this cohort is relatively small.

Here is a quote from @diddy; who did a somewhat reasonable Fermi estimate as of September 2018:

Originally Posted by diddy
These are always fun exercises. There has not been so far any way to know for sure. We can make a reasoned guesstimate, and I know this has been done on FT in the past. Including some who flame. Whatever. United forum did a MM roll-call thread in 2007 and came up with 300+ MM after 5 years of the thread (!) to 2012. It looks now like closer to double that in the posts since. I did not count. Based on this thread there are about 600+ 1MM. About 80 2MM and 20+3MM. Including one poor chap at 17MM. That is in a country with three major international carriers.

Assumptions:
1. A minority of these people would be on FT.
2. Those that are on don't always post. I am super guilty of this.
3. The AC and UA ratios are even remotely similar, given Canada's lower population but longer travel distances and only one major international carrier.
4. Other threads here have estimated / had apparent information from Andrew Yiu that there are about 10,000 SE's and 35,000 people with status below SE annually.
5. Based on my frequent AC travel and bag tag gazing. Full disclosure : I am a newly minted AC2MM.
Based on this I will put forth the following:
1MM ~ 1250
2MM ~ 150
3MM ~ 20

Consider pot re-stirred.

diddy
Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q7: How do Air Canada Million Mile Lifetime members compare to other programs?

There are several members in the 10MM+ Lifetime range with several American carriers, for example. There is someone in the 17MM range.
So in perspective, Air Canada Million Mile members have a lot of catching up to do!

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q8: Does/can the front-line staff and crew have the ability to distinguish between a 1MM vs. 2MM vs. 3MM vs. etc?
  • Somewhat. The PIL only identifies a passenger as a "Million Miler" or "Multi-million Miler", it does not distinguish between different MM tiers. But they know if you're 1MM or 2+MM
  • The status section of your boarding pass simply shows "MM" or "MM+"
  • For eUpgrade priority, MM+ is above MM within a given tier (the eUpgrade thread/wiki has more details)

It is possible that an AC employee may notice your MM tier off of your luggage tag, as this does happen from time to time. You might even be engaged in conversation with an AC employee who might inquire about which MM tier you are in.

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q9: What additional benefits does a Million Mile Lifetime member receive?
  • The "ACMM" designation under the Remarks section of your boarding pass (small) stub. Anecdotally, this will start appearing on your boarding pass approximately a few weeks after reaching the milestone.
    Image courtesy of 24left
  • Higher status priority for eUpgrades than non-MM counterparts (i.e. SE MM trumps SE, E50K MM trumps E50K, etc.)
  • Higher onload list priority than non-MM counterparts as per above.
  • Your MM status will be on the PIL. See Q10.
  • Occasional recognition by the SD in J and sometimes in Y (typically this means that during J meal orders, they may acknowledge your MM status, and in Y, the SD may occsionally approach you mid-flight and thank you for your loyalty as a MMer)
  • As a Super Elite MM, your are at the top of the meal order taking protocol ahead of non-MM SEs (notwithstanding VIPs)

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q10: What are the PIL codes for MMers?
  • 50K shows as E; 50K MM shows as EM
  • 75K shows as D; 75K MM shows as DM; 75K 2+ MM shows as DT
  • SE shows as SE; SE MM shows as SM; SE 2+ MM shows as ST
  • VIP shows as X; VIP MM shows as XM; X 2+ MM shows as XT

Back to FAQ

Back to FAQ

Q11: Which FTers are Million Mile Lifetime members?

The current roll call thread can be found here.

Back to FAQ|
Summary of AC Million milers

* For all questions regarding the Million Mile Lifetime Program, please refer to the FAQ WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...nition-ac.html

* When posting your MM tier and year/month achieved, please only post current information, not future information. Only your current information will be included in the wiki.

** If you are posting an associated year and/or month, please do so with the following priority of roll call information:
  1. The year and/or month you know you CROSSED the threshold. This information takes priority in the roll call list.
    • If you are not sure when you crossed a threshold, then the year and/or month in which you first found out that you crossed an MM tier. This could either be by email, at the airport because some agent told you, you see your BP has ACMM remarks for the first time, you get an email from Air Canada congratulating you, you received your kit in the mail, etc.
If your spouse/partner has crossed the threshold, you may add them to the list by indicating "Spouse/partner of (insert your handle)"

If you are aware of a former poster who is unable to post their information, you may add them.

1M
Number of new 1MM names listed per year

acysb87 (2010)
jimmac (2010)

IluvSQ ( went over in 2010, paperwork issued 2011)
NordsFan (March 2011)
yyzgigi (March 2011)
Stanbury (2011)
InTheAirGuy (Over Thunder Bay, AC 177 YEG-YYZ, November 30, 2011)
YVR guy 2011

Allvest (August 2012)
Mustang Sally (Dec 2012 IST-YYZ)
Cozmo456 (2012)
alphadawg (2012)

sweden05 (May 2013)
Argonaut1000 (June 2013)
ridefar (Sep 2013)
Dorian (2013)
Shareholder (2013)
Academic (Didn't keep track, probably around 2013-14). Does this mean I'm not obsessive enough?

margarita girl (Feb 2014 YYZ-LGA)
Isotopist (Feb 2014)
bluenose77 Mar 2014
x-gator Apr 2014
fin 645 May 2014
The Winger Aug 2014
theFlyingScotsman1996 Sep 2014
grumbler (Sep 2014)
ACSE2004 (Oct 2014)
LockheedElectra (2014)
yyz_atc_qq (2014)
Woodland Creature (2014)
jsfrSE (2014)
Montrealer (2014)
Snowgoose (2014)

canopus27 (May 2015)
Podge (June 2015)
Stiff (7/22/2015)
catgirl (September 27, 2015)
Wings 100 (Sep 2015)
GJS - yow Oct 2015
lcohen999(October, 2015 YWG-YYZ)
visitor (2015?, maybe 2014)
grp57 Dec 2015
Livyer (2015)
bluejeans 2015
SYM 2015

YEG ex Executive Platinum Jan 2016, AC008
K22 (Feb 2016)
ACflyerDE Mar 2016
Binflyin (March 3, 2016)
MannyR Mar 2016
Tomvancouver (June 2016)
AC Fan Aug 2016
Sveiks Sep 2016
Wind Nov 2016
lespoir Nov 2016
South Shore Nov 2016
yvrflyr 2016
ulyparis 2016

Mamau (January 2017)
Needle Hill (March 11, 2017, ~400 miles NE of YYZ on the way to Haneda)
Ziptie (June 2017)
spouse of YYC traveler (October 2017)
j_the_p (October 2017)
boxterturbo (Nov 2017)
DK.Flyer (Nov 2017)
traacs (December 2017)
Bartolo (2017)

father of Bonaventure (Jan 2018)
Aspan (Jan 2018)
jlisi984 (Feb 2018)
AskTravis (Mar 2018)
roadracer (Mar 2018)
Mozzarella (May 2018)
aionesu (May 2018)
LeisureMiler (June 2018)
24left (July 2018)
Rushfan1 (July 2018)
PB53x11 (September 2018)
DNAwizard (October 2018)
Run&Fly (March 2018)
krayZpaving (Dec 10, 2018)
kraftdinner (Dec 22, 2018)
YULforever 2018

SteadyAT (Jan 2019)
RZR (Feb 2019)
Tubby200 (Feb 2019)
MaxFlying (Mar 2019)
Herpayvr (April 2019)
jebby_ca (May 2019)
jethro288 (May 2019)
cydf_global_flyer (May 2019)
tracon (May 2019)
jeffypop75 (Sep 2019 YYZ-LHR)
Easternwind74 (Sep 2019 GRU-YYZ)
Chowtime (AC8888 Sept 26, 2019 YXY-YVR)
mikeyyz (Oct 2019 DXB-YYZ)
RUTHLESS (Oct 5 2019)
GI_Guy (Nov 2019 YLW-YYZ)
Jayman (nov. 2019 TPE-YVR)
Peter_yyz (Nov 2019, EWR-YYZ)
KetoStan (Dec. 2019)
Zhuyan22 (Dec. 2019)
Mishkin Berteig (Dec 2019 YYZ-YVR)
Commie (Dec 2019 YYZ-YVR)

YVRMAN (Jan 2020)
Seat13F_AC_CRJ (Feb 2020 DUB-YYZ)
canadiancow (May 20 2020 Travel At Home)
yowcat (June 2020 Travel At Home)
D582 (July 2020 YVR-YYZ)

EdmFlyBoi (Oct 2021 YUL-YYC)

dinotoon (Jan 2022 HNL - YVR)
Adam Smith (Apr 2022 GRU-EZE)
YVRtoYYZ (May 2022 CYYZ-RJAA)
SearsTower (Sep 2022 YXE-YVR)
politico_pk (Nov 2022 BOS-YYZ)
HometoYYZ (Dec 2022 NRT-YYZ)
ride2much (Feb 2023 FRA-YYC, AC849)
vernonc (Mar 2023 YYZ-ICN)
300rwhp (march 2023 LGA-YYZ)

markoaleks Jun 2022
TTC900Rocket (July 2023 - YUL-GRU on AC96)
Cloud Lounger (July 2023 - KEF-YYZ - AC915)
yvr76 (Sept. 2023, YHZ-YVR)

ksm06 (Jan 2024, YYZ-FRA AC842)
Yhztraveller (April 2024)

2M
Number of new 2MM names listed per year

2MM_Guy (2MM Aug 2012)

farmerbrown (2MM Aug 2013, 1MM Aug 2010)

Fiveft20 (2MM 2014, 1MM 2010)

Plumber (2MM May 20, 2015, 1MM on June 13, 2009)
yyznomad (2MM Sep 2015, MM Feb 2013)

JoePendleton (2MM 2016, 1MM 2011)
Vasbyte (2MM 2016)
LAman (2MM in November 2016, 1MM in August 2010)
ghellman (2MM 2016, 1MM 2010)
Dave0823 (2MM late 2016, 1MM with inauguration of the program). Now retired!

AC MMSE (2MM in 2017, 1MM in 2012)
ABW 2MM Nov 2017, MM Jul 2011

YYZHRE (2MM Jan 2018, 1MM 2014)
BlondeBomber (2MM June 2018, 1MM 2010)
diddy (2MM in October 2018, 1MM in September 2013)
yvrhab (2MM Dec 2018, 1MM 2010)
SE Flash (2MM Dec 2018, 1MM 2011)
RoadWarrior60_13
Wpgjetse
5MM

Wand (2MM Apr 2019 LAX-YYZ, 1MM July 2011)
skybluesea (2MM May 2019, 1MM 2012)
Stranger (2MM Sept 2019, 1MM July 2011)
drumbo (2MM Oct 2019, 1MM Feb 2012)
ac777 (2MM Oct 2019, 1MM Aug 2010)

acysb87 (2MM 13JAN 2020, 1MM 2010)

The Lev (2MM July 2021, 1MM March 2012)
Travellin_man (2MM Mar 2022, 1MM 2012)
NordsFan (2 MM 30OCT 2022, 1 MM 31MAR 2011)
Mstrople (MM in 2014, 2MM Dec 2022 LYS-YUL)

3M
Number of new 3MM names listed per year

YEG_SE4Life (3MM Dec 2016, 2MM Sep 2013, 1MM Jan 2010)
SoundAdvice (3MM Mar 2016)

Parnel (3MM 2017)
YOW3millionmiles (3MM Dec 2017, 2M Nov 2012, MM ~2008)

waymar (3MM 2018)

meltedmarshmellow (3MM May 2019, HND-YYZ)
lallied (3MM June 2019, 2MM 2014)
Plumber (3MM on May 4, 2020; 2MM on May 20, 2015; 1MM on June 13, 2009)

4M

5M

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2023, 11:10 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

This thread replaces the previous long-running threads on AC's Million Mile program, which tracked who was crossing MM thresholds separately from general information about the MM program. Based on feedback from members, those two subjects have been combined (for 2023 onwards) in this thread.

To give this thread a jump-start, posts from the beginning of 2023 until its creation (February 2024) have been carved out from the previous threads.

Note: as of February 12, 2024, the wiki of this thread is simply a mashing together of the wikis of the two previous threads and is pending clean-up.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Feb 13, 2024 at 9:23 pm Reason: New thread
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
I have a question regarding the LQM Qualification. I've recently joined Aeroplan, with a CIBC Visa Privilege Card. I've received some Aeroplan bonus points, as well as the SQM Bonus - based on $5000 spending of my credit card. However, I've also received 2080 LQM miles... without having actually flown on an AC Flight! I have two trips booked in summer 2023, but I don't think that affects the LQM (yet). Am I missing something, or this is a glitch? I don't want to call and ask if it's an error on their part (which I hope they wouldn't fix).
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:36 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by ralustanescu
I have a question regarding the LQM Qualification. I've recently joined Aeroplan, with a CIBC Visa Privilege Card. I've received some Aeroplan bonus points, as well as the SQM Bonus - based on $5000 spending of my credit card. However, I've also received 2080 LQM miles... without having actually flown on an AC Flight! I have two trips booked in summer 2023, but I don't think that affects the LQM (yet). Am I missing something, or this is a glitch? I don't want to call and ask if it's an error on their part (which I hope they wouldn't fix).
With this being your first post...Welcome to FT!

Have you never credited miles to Aeroplan before?
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
With this being your first post...Welcome to FT!

Have you never credited miles to Aeroplan before?
Thank you for the welcome! No, I've never credited miles to Aeroplan before.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
2MM lifetime status gift

Hi all - question - my father crossed the 2 million mile threshold a few months ago and offered to give me the lifetime 50k status he can gift to someone. When I log into his AC account I do not see anywhere to select the lifetime 50k, just the normal super elite 1 year 50k status for a friend.
I'd appreciate any advice from a million miler here who has given the lifetime 50k status!
Thank you!

Last edited by raak; Jan 6, 2023 at 5:57 pm Reason: incorrect FF term
Old Jan 7, 2023, 3:18 am
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by raak
Hi all - question - my father crossed the 2 million mile threshold a few months ago and offered to give me the lifetime 50k status he can gift to someone. When I log into his AC account I do not see anywhere to select the lifetime 50k, just the normal super elite 1 year 50k status for a friend.
I'd appreciate any advice from a million miler here who has given the lifetime 50k status!
Thank you!
There is no additional lifetime 50K at 2MM, this only applies at 1MM. The main benefit at 2MM is 75K for life for the account holder.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:57 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by ABW
There is no additional lifetime 50K at 2MM, this only applies at 1MM. The main benefit at 2MM is 75K for life for the account holder.
I’m SEMM. From my Aeroplan Status page: “Keep flying to reach Two Million Miles. Your Elite Status will always be at least Aeroplan 75K, and the status of a friend will always be at least Aeroplan 50K.”
Old Jan 7, 2023, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If anyone wants to fund a 750k MR for me, I'm happy to be a helpful test subject for this
Old Jan 7, 2023, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by ABW
The lifetime 50K for a friend applies as 2MM not 1MM.

raak , As i recall, I also had difficulty gifting this online and I think I had to call in for help getting it done... but that was a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 3:33 pm
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
Thank You for correcting my error.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Thank you! Will call in and try to sort that way.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM
1MM - June 2018 ... on a return HKG -> YVR I believe
Old Jan 7, 2023, 5:39 pm

Quick question - my boss became a MM in September 2022, but hasn't received his kit yet. As his EA, when should i be calling Aeroplan to follow up? He also reached 75k and got his new tags shortly afterwards.

I also read somewhere that they were holding back on sending out kits, so if that's the case, I'm not too worried about it.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by fluffpanda
Quick question - my boss became a MM in September 2022, but hasn't received his kit yet. As his EA, when should i be calling Aeroplan to follow up? He also reached 75k and got his new tags shortly afterwards.

I also read somewhere that they were holding back on sending out kits, so if that's the case, I'm not too worried about it.
i crossed in January 2022. Apart from an autogenerated email and 40e-upgrades, that’s all I got.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by ABW
Thank You for correcting my error.
Sounds as if you’re owed a lifetime 50K gift for a lucky friend? Your profile says SE2MM…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.