Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as base Aeroplan points and LQM) or have been credited incorrectly, and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. Elite status bonus points (which post separately from normal flight activity) are now covered in a dedicated thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by Eagle2000
Just an update in case this ever happens to anyone else:

I called Feb 7 evening to Singapore airlines and told them this was an AIr Canada issued ticket and for them to cancel the credit the Kris Flyer credit so I could receive my Aeroplan credits. They were very helpful and said that this was not normal what happened but the rep "escalated" to cancel the Kris Flyer points so that I could receive my credits.from Aeroplan

Feb 8 I submitted to the [email protected] email about the missing segment with all the relevant details

Feb 9 (today) All the correct miles and dollars were credited to my account!

Frankly, I'm pretty shocked how quick I got the credit and all ended well.
Hi there, I had the exact same itinerary as you (YYZ -> SIN via ICN) with Singapore Airlines. It's been ~7 weeks since my flight and nothing has posted. I submitted a Missing Points inquiry ~4 weeks ago (through their online tool https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ng-points.html) but haven't heard back yet.

The email did note it would take 6-8 weeks for them to get back to me so I suppose I still have some waiting to go. However, wanted to ask you what this [email protected] email is? Do you think I should follow up via this email address?

Unfortunately I do not have any AP status so maybe that's why you got expedited treatment being SE!
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by airraptor
Hi there, I had the exact same itinerary as you (YYZ -> SIN via ICN) with Singapore Airlines. It's been ~7 weeks since my flight and nothing has posted. I submitted a Missing Points inquiry ~4 weeks ago (through their online tool https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ng-points.html) but haven't heard back yet.

The email did note it would take 6-8 weeks for them to get back to me so I suppose I still have some waiting to go. However, wanted to ask you what this [email protected] email is? Do you think I should follow up via this email address?

Unfortunately I do not have any AP status so maybe that's why you got expedited treatment being SE!
Myself and multiple others on this forum are SE and higher and have waited months sometimes more without a response from this email. It’s very hit or miss no matter what your status, unfortunately.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PB53x11
Would love to except I'm required to book flights through a travel agency, so can't do this. Strangely it worked fine for years, the SQD issue is quite recent.
I agree it's become more common recently, but I've had the $1 FP bookings going back quite a while.

When I first started using FPs (2013?), the tickets always indicated a $1 fare for every FP booking. This didn't matter, since the fare didn't matter (it pre-dated AQD). Eventually they fixed most(?) system to issue it as "credit cost minus taxes/fees", but there still seems to be some backend system(s) that have the old $1 logic.
PB53x11 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC SE : Bonvoy Ambassador Elite : 47 Park Street Fractional Owner
I know that a single data point is not a trend but I am very impressed that our ZX - AC trip of YYJ - YYZ - CPH posted completely accurately within 36 hours of landing in Copenhagen.

I doubt that this is a harbinger of consistent things to come but it was a good day nonetheless.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:04 pm

I booked a flight back with AC in Sep in ECO Flex I then made a change in January YLW-YVR-BKK-CGK paying the sit in Prem Economy for the YVR to BKK leg. I flew the flight on Feb 20. I was hoping to use eupgrades and get a seat up front but with my low status I had no chance. I decided on the day of my flight while checking in at YLW to pay to secure my seat in business class. I don't believe it was a bid upgrade.

My aeroplan activity is missing the BKK-CGK leg that was flown with Thai and wouldn't recognize when I tried to submit it on the online form. So I emailed AC about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back from them. They were a lot quicker in the past, Whats the turnaround people are experiencing?

Also my activity is showing SQD credit only as premium economy for the YVR to BKK leg. My understanding is that as it wasn't a bid upgrade I should be entitled to receive what I paid to get up to business to count towards my SQD, could someone confirm?

Cheers
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cylw
Also my activity is showing SQD credit only as premium economy for the YVR to BKK leg. My understanding is that as it wasn't a bid upgrade I should be entitled to receive what I paid to get up to business to count towards my SQD, could someone confirm?
You say you upgraded to J on the day of your flight. So did you purchase a last-minute upgrade ar check-in? Those don't count towards SQD.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:47 pm

I'm not sure, I asked how much would it be to secure a business-class seat and they said $XXXX. I paid assuming it would be eligible as it wasn't a bid, but you are saying it's not. If that's the case ,that sucks as additional dollars you pay on certain e-upgrade is considered eligible so Air Canada not counting that towards SQD defies my logic anyways.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: AE
Last Minute Upgrade terms and conditions
  • Passengers accumulate mileage, including Air Canada status mileage, as per original fare option they purchased.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:35 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Oddly enough, all of my recent missing SQM/SQD issues have been with the last flight of a multiflight bound. Luckily, the web tool seems to resolve the issue quickly, but it is still annoying.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by cylw
I'm not sure, I asked how much would it be to secure a business-class seat and they said $XXXX. I paid assuming it would be eligible as it wasn't a bid, but you are saying it's not. If that's the case ,that sucks as additional dollars you pay on certain e-upgrade is considered eligible so Air Canada not counting that towards SQD defies my logic anyways.
I guess it is their way to nudge people towards paying higher fares when booking.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:16 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Oddly enough, all of my recent missing SQM/SQD issues have been with the last flight of a multiflight bound. Luckily, the web tool seems to resolve the issue quickly, but it is still annoying.
Maybe you are onto something. I have been waiting for a week for the last leg of a 3 segments trip to post, maybe I’ll need to submit a claim.

That last leg was on Rouge and these always seem to take longer to post, but rarely a full week.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
My last experience with the web tool was almost perfect. The tool found the miles and the points (and the segment). Just not the SQDs. 😞
Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Experiencing the same thing
Three segment journeys, first two segments post no problem, third has to be requested.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:35 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Codeshare flight SQD problem

I just finished a quick trip to STL. On the way there I had 2 flights that were sold by AC, but were operated by OO as United Express. Both posted somewhat low SQM and base points with no SQD at all.
It was a 014 ticket and both flights had AC flight numbers on them. Is it a frequent occurrence that codeshare flights post zero SQD? Should we avoid codeshares?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:29 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I just finished a quick trip to STL. On the way there I had 2 flights that were sold by AC, but were operated by OO as United Express. Both posted somewhat low SQM and base points with no SQD at all.
It was a 014 ticket and both flights had AC flight numbers on them. Is it a frequent occurrence that codeshare flights post zero SQD? Should we avoid codeshares?
Were you in Y or J? If Y, the "low" SQM might just be a consequence of fare class mapping, the unpredictability of which can be a drawback to codeshares.

As for SQD, it's a complete mess regardless of marketing or operating carrier, so codeshares aren't really any worse. If you're lucky, the automated adjustment will catch it and fix it. If not, write in and get it corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.