Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
Please note: this thread is for questions about flights you have taken where you have not received credit (SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as base Aeroplan points and LQM) or have been credited incorrectly, and how to get that missing credit. If you have a question about whether an upcoming flight can or should earn SQx/points (and how many), please see the status qualification thread. Elite status bonus points (which post separately from normal flight activity) are now covered in a dedicated thread. If you are missing points from an Aeroplan promotion, please post in the thread relating to that promotion, as these points post on their own timelines unrelated to when the flights themselves post.

For flights that have not posted at all, request missing points for a flight (should credit missing SQM/SQS/SQD, as well as Aeroplan points).

If the request is rejected by the automated system, e-mail [email protected].

For flights with SQD missing or incorrect, after SQM/SQS have posted, report a Status Qualifying Dollar discrepancy. It's also possible to e-mail the SQD adjustments team at [email protected]. E-mail does not appear to consistently provide faster responses.

If all else fails, use the customer service web form (select General Concerns, then Aeroplan, then Other. This will give you a free-form text box where you can explain your situation and attach any supporting files).

Please do not phone AC or Aeroplan about this. Anyone you reach on the phone will be unable to help you. At best, they will fill out the web form above, which will take far longer than if you just do it yourself. (The same is true of the SE and Concierge e-mail addresses).
Print Wikipost

Missing / incorrect flight activity (SQM/SQS/SQD/Aeroplan base points, 2024 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:00 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by liquidpop
Hi,
I just had the return leg of a TP that posted with the wrong class of service bonus (50% vs 100% for business)
OPO -> LIS & then LIS -> YYZ

The outbound posted correctly but I saw the return had a lower number than I was expecting.

Wondering if folks think I should wait until 14 days from the flight (i.e. 14 days from yesterday), or try to fill out the form/email as it's not missing but is instead an error?
@liquidpop earnings for TP changed as of March 1. See the Aeroplan partners page here. I'm guessing your travels occurred on either side of that date. Does that explain your issue?
vancouver25k and liquidpop like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
earnings for TP changed as of March 1.
Huh, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for drawing it to my attention!
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Huh, I hadn't seen that. Thanks for drawing it to my attention!
Aeroplan stopped announcing these things years ago. I only noticed it because I went to check the earnings after the post upthread. And I don't think AC even published this with any advance notice, because I updated a few airline earnings in the SQx calculator on February 27th, and I think I checked every airline and updated everything that had changed.

Which would be really crappy of AC.
canadiancow and liquidpop like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC 50k
@liquidpop earnings for TP changed as of March 1. See the Aeroplan partners page here. I'm guessing your travels occurred on either side of that date. Does that explain your issue?
It does

Darn. My outbound posted with the prior 200%, and inbound (Mar 9) was at the new 150%. It's still a decent earn rate but not as awesome as before

Thanks - totally missed it and I guess I don't need to fill a missing points claim anymore
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

It does

Darn. My outbound posted with the prior 200%, and inbound (Mar 9) was at the new 150%. It's still a decent earn rate but not as awesome as before

Thanks - totally missed it and I guess I don't need to fill a missing points claim anymore
Given AC seems to have provided virtually zero advance notice of this change, I would be inclined to write in and see if it gets me anywhere. If it was 200% when you booked it, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to provide that. It might be different if they had given 6 months notice of the change, but if they just slipped this out the day before it went in to effect or something like that, it's kind of dirty pool.

You might not get the SQM, but maybe they'll give you some Aeroplan points or a discount code as an apology.
liquidpop likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC 50k
Given AC seems to have provided virtually zero advance notice of this change, I would be inclined to write in and see if it gets me anywhere. If it was 200% when you booked it, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to provide that. It might be different if they had given 6 months notice of the change, but if they just slipped this out the day before it went in to effect or something like that, it's kind of dirty pool.

You might not get the SQM, but maybe they'll give you some Aeroplan points or a discount code as an apology.
That's a great suggestion - thank you!

was going to give up but worth giving it a shot - worst case I'm in the same position as I am now.

I'll still need to wait 14 days out from the flight date to submit but will make a note to do so.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by YYZSBA
I am having issues with getting the correct credit on a recent trip (YYZ>YVR) on a latitude flight pass.

1. On my outbound, the SQM and bonus was accurate but SQD was credited at $1 (should be $758 based on the same flight the week before)

2. I received no credit (SQM/ SQD/SQS) for the return.

I took the exact same flight the week before with same flight pass an no issues at all.

I went through the auto portal (said flight wasn’t eligible) as well as emailed credits@ac email and still no response or adjustment.

Quite a bit of impact on SQD so focused on trying to get it sorted. I am a SE.
Any luck on this? I am having the same issue at least with respect to SQD - the last couple of trips have had SQD post as $1. I thought it was because I used credits to upgrade then called in to have that cancelled and rebooked with the comp upgrade - which always seems to take at least 20 minutes. (I wouldn't use credits except the flights were pretty full in J, I'd rather use credits and be upgraded than chance siting in Y.) Were your circumstances similar?

I've used latitude passes for YYZ-BC trips for years, it's only in the last few months I've had the $1 SQD issue.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PB53x11
Any luck on this? I am having the same issue at least with respect to SQD - the last couple of trips have had SQD post as $1. I thought it was because I used credits to upgrade then called in to have that cancelled and rebooked with the comp upgrade - which always seems to take at least 20 minutes. (I wouldn't use credits except the flights were pretty full in J, I'd rather use credits and be upgraded than chance siting in Y.) Were your circumstances similar?
That's exceptionally common whenever they do any manual ticketing on FP bookings, which basically means anything you do over the phone.

If you want to avoid that, cancel your booking and make a new one.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
YVR-AKL-YVR March 02-10 posted SQM and Bonus within a couple of days
SQD for both legs light by $616 each.
Request sent SQD email, we shall see.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K 2MM, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by visitor
I would be interested in the result. Flew a leg on Air Dolomiti recently and it hasn’t posted either. Not a big deal, and I totally forgot until your post. Thx.
Nothing happened so far -- has been 4 months now -- email sent to follow up but no response received from Aeroplan. I think they have "issues" with Air Dolomiti but no one seems to know/care.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
March 1 to 9th I travelled YYC-YVR-OGG and back with my spouse on one PNR.

All my spouse's SQM and SQD posted within 48 hours of flights.

In my case, the YVR-OGG SQM and SQD as missing. The YYC-YVR SQM and SQD posted within 48 hours. Everything posted for the both legs of the return trip.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:32 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by YYC traveler
In my case, the YVR-OGG SQM and SQD as missing.
Requested the missing flight early this morning. Giving credit where credit is due the system immediately "We found your missing points!" The SQM and SQD have been now posted.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 11:53 am
Original Poster

That's a great suggestion - thank you!

was going to give up but worth giving it a shot - worst case I'm in the same position as I am now.

I'll still need to wait 14 days out from the flight date to submit but will make a note to do so.
If the flight has already posted, the automated form doesn't apply. You need to write in using the customer service web form, and there's no 14-day limit on that.
kalderlake and liquidpop like this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by PB53x11

I've used latitude passes for YYZ-BC trips for years, it's only in the last few months I've had the $1 SQD issue.
I was able to get the SQD adjusted through the SQD specific email - I escalated it by including “Super Elite and Aeroplan #” in the title and they adjusted it within one day.

I still haven’t received the return credits (SQM/SQD/SQS) - they said the flight is ineligible, which is bizarre considering it was a flight pass and my 3 other flights that week credited correctly using the same pass. I have tried to escalate but to no avail
unclepants likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That's exceptionally common whenever they do any manual ticketing on FP bookings, which basically means anything you do over the phone.

If you want to avoid that, cancel your booking and make a new one.
Would love to except I'm required to book flights through a travel agency, so can't do this. Strangely it worked fine for years, the SQD issue is quite recent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.