Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Post your Super Elite S100K 2024 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your Super Elite S100K 2024 Benefit Year Qualification/Requalification Here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Diabeetus

Random aside, since shaibu crossed 250k SQM, would they get the 1 banked year for SE as a result? Or is it only triggered as a threshold reward if they have existing SE status?
The threshold gift is only available to SE members, so no banked year unless they are already SE this year.
SPG_Fan likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by painintheuk
The threshold gift is only available to SE members, so no banked year unless they are already SE this year.
Perhaps Shaibu was already SE coming into this year, or got gifted SE for next year through the CC offer?
Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Requalified during the second week of November.

107,111 SQM with 49,252 roll over
23,173 SQD
79 SQS
Considering that there was at least 10k SQM from CC purchases and 2 ACV trips with no SQD accrued, I have a very bad SQM/SQD ratio. I guess this happens if you fly almost exclusively OPM in North America, often departing on very short notice.
billdokes likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
97200 SQM
$6522 SQD

Got off the AC bandwagon and did not go out of my way to fly them. Took better deals with TK, BR, EK and other non *A. Mostly all long haul J. Aftre 15+ years of SE, got busted down to Elite (lifetime)
Old Dec 30, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
First time SE... 20.5K SQD, ~125K SQM. Next year will likely require Chase aeroplan status bump to requalify.
Eagle2000 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Requalified during the second week of November.

107,111 SQM with 49,252 roll over
23,173 SQD
79 SQS
Considering that there was at least 10k SQM from CC purchases and 2 ACV trips with no SQD accrued, I have a very bad SQM/SQD ratio. I guess this happens if you fly almost exclusively OPM in North America, often departing on very short notice.
@WildcatYXU can you please clarify what you mean by “very bad sqm/sqd ratio”?

finished year with 200k/59k ratio. Not sure if this is good or bad based on what criteria?

thanks
Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I think he means he spent 40cpm, which is pretty high.

Lloydbraun1976 you spent 29.5cpm, significantly better, depending on what you're going for. Ideally one would spend 20,000 SQD exactly, and fly as much as they need to, so 20cpm or less. In your case 10cpm for 200k sqm would be perfect, unless you really place value on priority rewards.
​​​​

Last edited by Nitehawk; Dec 30, 2023 at 9:10 pm
Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shaibu
SQM 1,177,703 (yes correct, huge credit card spend)
SQD $3,353
SQS 981
And you requalified for Super Elite with that?
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Waiting

I still show expiry today, I was $62 short of SQD but had a flight with about $950 on the morning of December 29th. Anyone know when the new expiry will show?

Last edited by folkart; Jan 3, 2024 at 9:28 am
Old Dec 31, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Gold, Golf Canada Top 3%
Originally Posted by canadiancow
And you requalified for Super Elite with that?
I was wondering the same.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 7:31 am

Programs: Altitude SEMM
SQM: 101,770
SQD: 20,748
SQS: 50

Closest ever to the cutoff on miles and spend since I've been SE (after a planned India trip was cancelled due to the visa fiasco). Maintaining a years-long tradition of ~2,000 SQM per SQS.
karachi and Diabeetus like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Livyer
Maintaining a years-long tradition of ~2,000 SQM per SQS.
This was my 10th consecutive year as SE but my 4th maintaining status through covid extensions or CC promo. Just over 50k SQM this year. 2 cancelled TATL's reduced my spend and SQM totals..

Looking back to my "crazy years" between 2014-2019:
Avg SQS/Yr = 204 (1223 total segments equivalent to 1.6 segments per route)
Avg SQM/Yr = 124,026
Avg BIS/yr = 91,937
Avg SQM/SQS = 608
Avg BIS/SQS = 451

Way too many segments! I'd like to find a job that gave me 2000 SQM/SQS!!

32k LQM away from 1MM. Hopefully cross over by May/June.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by folkart
I still show expiry today, I was $62 short of SQM but had a flight with about $950 on the morning of December 29th. Anyone know when the new expiry will show?
My Dec 28 flights posted today and the dashboard shows me "fully qualified". However my virtual card still shows Dec 2023 expiry. I assume this will take a couple of days to update.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I think he means he spent 40cpm, which is pretty high.

Lloydbraun1976 you spent 29.5cpm, significantly better, depending on what you're going for. Ideally one would spend 20,000 SQD exactly, and fly as much as they need to, so 20cpm or less. In your case 10cpm for 200k sqm would be perfect, unless you really place value on priority rewards.
​​​​
@Nitehawk ...I don't understand as I have no target for AC spend as it is what it is.

Can you please explain why would an exact 20k target be relevant - should I stop flying AC when I reach this number? and how would one go about achieving what you consider perfect without considerable jumping through hoops and possibly wildly exaggerated indirect routings that I have neither time nor inclination to pursue? Plus, If priority rewards aren't available in my account when I book a companion ticket, and we only fly J on AC, then I just buy my spouse's ticket in J if I consider the Aeroplan spend exorbitant.

But isn't this Bulletin Board suppose to be about posting year end AC account, rather than making some statement about the good or bad of what folks do in the past year ? Accordingly, really not sure what point you and WildcatYXU are trying to make.

Originally Posted by karachi
97200 SQM
$6522 SQD

Got off the AC bandwagon and did not go out of my way to fly them. Took better deals with TK, BR, EK and other non *A. Mostly all long haul J. Aftre 15+ years of SE, got busted down to Elite (lifetime)
@karachi ...Completely agree. AC just convenient because of where I live and AC flying only about half of total, which includes both mainline and low-cost alternatives that do the job just fine.

miles/spend just an arbitrary ratio as what matters more that cannot be quantified here is the AC spend vs AC generated aggravation even with the Concierge, which has led me to flying a lot elsewhere.

happy new year

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 31, 2023 at 12:36 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Dec 31, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by Lloydbraun1976
@Nitehawk ...I don't understand as I have no target for AC spend as it is what it is.

Can you please explain why would an exact 20k target be relevant - should I stop flying AC when I reach this number? and how would one go about achieving what you consider perfect without considerable jumping through hoops and possibly wildly exaggerated indirect routings that I have neither time nor inclination to pursue? Plus, If priority rewards aren't available in my account when I book a companion ticket, and we only fly J on AC, then I just buy my spouse's ticket in J if I consider the Aeroplan spend exorbitant.

But isn't this Bulletin Board suppose to be about posting year end AC account, rather than making some statement about the good or bad of what folks do in the past year ? Accordingly, really not sure what point you and WildcatYXU are trying to make.
Spend is a qualifying criteria so it is relevant. I’ve definitely had to make SQD runs because I managed to hit the sqm/sqs without the sqd.

As for priority rewards I expired a few this year, so whatever incremental spend I gave AC to acquire them ended up having no extra value above flying the flights that got me there. If you use them all, great.

I agree. If it’s not J I’m not travelling, with few exceptions.

once you qualify for SE, many would argue you should fly other airlines and qualify for their top tier program too. Others will say go for the thresholds. Not everyone cares and many just fly where they need to when they need to without considering the frequent flier program qualifying rules. Once you qualify another strategy is just fly on points till you run out of points or the calendar year resets.

I’m not saying people should target a certain spend level. I’m just trying to explain why some might care about their sqm/sqs to sqd ratio.

as for me, I did not requalify for SE this year. 9k sqd and 39k sqm. I will be writing into AC for the parental leave status extension. This is my lowest sqd in years, even in 2020 I hit 20k sqd.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Dec 31, 2023 at 1:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.