Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Ipsos Survey on an enhanced Signature Class product

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

I spotted this survey invitation in my email Junk Folder coming from Ipsos Engage on behalf of Air Canada. Upon commencing the survey it indicates that Air Canada is considering introducing an enhanced product on select Signature Class seats within the Signature Cabin. These seats would be designed to offer additional enhanced features and services e.g. longer and wider bed, more privacy, larger entertainment monitor, better food and/or drinks, better service, personal closet, etc. The survey goes on to ask for views on these enhancements including which I would prioritize and how much of a premium I would be willing to pay. The email indicates the survey is open for seven business days.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE, MB Gold, ALL Gold, Hilton Gold
Wonder if this would be for the bulkhead seats on the XLRs?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: TK *G
For me, such an enhanced product is called flying a more premium airline. On NA flights, I don't need Signature Class, nor does AC guarantee Signature Class on any flight. On international flights, AC needs to significantly enhance both the hard and soft products to match the airlines I currently fly.

Though it's interesting that AC is considering a J+ or "Premium Business" type of product. I am not surprised that the demand for premium services, including but not limited to flights, have surged post Covid, as a small in percentage but large in quantity amount of people literally had $$$ falling from sky, but I am wondering how long this trend will last, and given F is no longer feasible for most carriers, would J+ or "PJ" make sense in the long term?
EdmFlyBoi and jimba like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 2:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by PaulYK
I spotted this survey invitation in my email Junk Folder coming from Ipsos Engage on behalf of Air Canada. Upon commencing the survey it indicates that Air Canada is considering introducing an enhanced product on select Signature Class seats within the Signature Cabin. These seats would be designed to offer additional enhanced features and services e.g. longer and wider bed, more privacy, larger entertainment monitor, better food and/or drinks, better service, personal closet, etc. The survey goes on to ask for views on these enhancements including which I would prioritize and how much of a premium I would be willing to pay. The email indicates the survey is open for seven business days.
I am guessing this is in preparation for the 787-10's and any future aircraft as next generation cabins are currently being discussed.
billdokes and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K | Latitude Flight Pass junkie
Seems like what JetBlue does in the Mint cabin with the closable doors on the 1x1 rows.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:25 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I am guessing this is in preparation for the 787-10's and any future aircraft as next generation cabins are currently being discussed.
AC has also talked about the need to replace the current cabins on the 787/777 fleets, since those are coming towards the end of their lives.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Bring back the cheese selection trolley….
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PaulYK
That wasn’t a random survey, it was one for Air Canada Insiders, for which you signed a confidentiality agreement when joining agreeing not to disclose its contents.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ac/elite
That wasn’t a random survey, it was one for Air Canada Insiders, for which you signed a confidentiality agreement when joining agreeing not to disclose its contents.
I am not an Air Canada Insider, I don't even know what that is. And I have never signed a confidentiality agreement.
My intent in posting was only to share information I had come across about Air Canada with the FT community, as many here do. Of course if I have posted something inappropriately I have no issue with a moderator removing my posts or this thread.
Jumper Jack and billdokes like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.