Wiki Posts
Search

Booking glitch for child

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Booking glitch for child

I was booking flights for a round trip to Europe this year. My youngest would be 11 (child) on departure but 12 (youth) on the return. The website triggered an error and would not allow me to book online as a result. "Please call in." I tried to purchase a youth or adult fare for him (the price for adult, youth and child were all the same) but would automatically switch him to child fare once the DOB was entered. So I called in but the total family fare would have increased about $200, which I balked at since it was a website glitch. The rep could not do anything about it. "If you want the website price you have to book on the website." Ultimately, she suggested I book online with his DOB switched to one year earlier (and a youth fare), and she would change it afterwards. So she waited while I purchased all the tickets and she made the change.

I then requested assigned seating due to children, but was told it was only available if a child fare was purchased. <Sigh.> I pointed out the website clearly states assigned seating for families with "Children under 14". She was surprised by that and had to confirm on the website. She gave me the assigned seats and overrode the charge.

An hour and a half wasted.

Question: I tried finding DOB in the booking, but was not able to see it. Is this something I can look up somewhere? I was not able to enter his Aeroplan number when I made the purchase with the incorrect date. She added his AE when she corrected the date, so I have some comfort that the file is up to date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.