Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The I would I have flown Air Canada but . . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The I would I have flown Air Canada but . . .

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2023, 3:26 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I have a trip to Victoria and Vancouver for this summer, and just needing to get from the Empress to the Pac Rim, I also went for Harbour Air, since it's way too convenient not having to get from harbour to YYJ and then from YVR to harbour.
And it's basically door to door service.
CanadaDH likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
And it's basically door to door service.
That's one of my favorite things about harbour air. I can walk to the terminal from my place (last time I ran since I'm habitually late) and continue to anywhere in the world ex YVR, for maybe 2x the price of a cab to YYJ.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:37 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
A trend started in our Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal offices that favoured more Via Rail than flying. We often have less than 2 weeks to finalize travel: Personnel can travel in Via Business for less than Flex Y on AC. Once traffic/driving to airport/waiting times, AC delays and hassles are factored in, the train allowed 2-3 workers to travel and keep collaborating/working. Where Via Rail was the rarity 3 years ago, it is the dominant transporter allowing people to travel comfortably and ready to go upon arrival. Even the use of Billy Bishop doesn't offer much because of the constant delays.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:42 pm

Programs: AC 75k
A house we missed getting in Maple Bay was walking distance to the marina and terminal. Very nice schedules.
Where are you?
Old Dec 31, 2023, 6:39 pm

Programs: TK *G
The current pricing really isn't attractive to O&D passengers and even transfer passengers may not find AC attractive unless they are flying early/late or have lots of luggage I guess. Not too surprising given the regional pilots shortage.

Harbour Air and other seaplane airlines are indeed very convenient and the price is pretty attractive IMO. If one is travelling with lots of luggage one can purchase an additional seat which guarantees an additional 200 lb of luggage. Other than convenience, flying on a seaplane is an experience itself and one may get the seat next to the pilots. Do keep in mind that small airplanes aren't that spacious even when comparing to Dash 8 or CRJ, and this can be an issue on longer flights. Also it can get quite bumpy when the weather is slightly bad.

Helijet provides helicopter flights from downtown to downtown as well and it has comparable pricing to seaplanes but much more generous baggage allowance.

I also find ferries interesting but it often takes 5+ hours downtown to downtown, not that useful if you are in a rush.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I would have flown Air Canada today for a last minute booking from Toronto to US, but the 2FA did not give me the verification code for me to log into my account.

I ended up booking a Porter flight, which I may regret on it.

The verification code only came 5 minutes later to my email, but at that stage it had already expired.

I might have to disable this 2FA feature which is quite annoying and probably does not give me proper protection anyway.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Changeup2000
I would have flown Air Canada today for a last minute booking from Toronto to US, but the 2FA did not give me the verification code for me to log into my account.

I ended up booking a Porter flight, which I may regret on it.

The verification code only came 5 minutes later to my email, but at that stage it had already expired.

I might have to disable this 2FA feature which is quite annoying and probably does not give me proper protection anyway.
While AC has a record of slow e-mail, the MFA mails are usually quick. If not, there is a host of potential reasons that have little to do with AC.
Looking at the e-mail heading will tell you where the mail got stuck and if the problem is with AC and/or a subcontractor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.