Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: Westjet, Air Canada, Best Western, Marriott
Originally Posted by warrens
Westjet just announced direct flights to Seoul. 3x per week starting in May. Will be very interesting to see how that affects Air Canada's service plans & prices for that route!
I don’t think it will effect AC at all with their premium pax(flex and up). The Aeroplan program really locks in these pax. I believe that low end/ holiday pax, is where Westjet can/will take pax away from AC, JAL and ANA.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
MODERATOR NOTE: The topic of this thread is schedule updates. A large number of recent posts had gone wildly off topic, and have been moved to a more appropriate thread on general complaints about AC. There is also already a substantial thread covering AC's systemic OTP issues which, again, are off topic to this thread.

Let's please try to get this thread back on topic.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 8:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by muskoka
Another service reduction this winter. The 9 am departure and afternoon return YVR-OGG has been cancelled. (535 and 534) We were originally booked on this flight for Nov and now we have been shuffled to the 5:30 flight which gets in at 10 pm. We already had our direct OGG-YYC daytime return cancelled a couple of months ago and now we do the redeye via YVR on the way back. It seems AC has really reduced their seats to Hawaii this winter. It started out so civilized….
FWIW looking at flights to OGG next fall and they have loaded the 9 am YVR-OGG flights (535) as well as the 5:30 (537) departure. I know they can ditch it anytime ( as they did back in Oct) but at least they are thinking about it 👍 Now just need them to think about bringing back the direct YYC-OGG flights! I know- pigs will fly first! 😛
Old Dec 22, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: hahaha
The one time I'm not in Edmonton and the extremely rare time I'm beginning a trip from Calgary, on January 5, there's a YEG-YYZ AC 168 flight with a 777.

So all my flight searches, for bottom dollar, is feeding through YEG for cheapest to try and get me on the 777, and of course the presumed lower capacity from YYC (and maybe YVR upstream) means that it's slightly more expensive for me to take the shorter route.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 2:19 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by asovse1
The one time I'm not in Edmonton and the extremely rare time I'm beginning a trip from Calgary, on January 5, there's a YEG-YYZ AC 168 flight with a 777.

So all my flight searches, for bottom dollar, is feeding through YEG for cheapest to try and get me on the 777, and of course the presumed lower capacity from YYC (and maybe YVR upstream) means that it's slightly more expensive for me to take the shorter route.
Does anyone know why they are operating a 777 200LR for this route for this one flight on this one day?

Have been flying through YEG to/from YYZ for the past few months and this is the first time I've seen a widebody on the schedule.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by billdokes
Does anyone know why they are operating a 777 200LR for this route for this one flight on this one day? Have been flying through YEG to/from YYZ for the past few months and this is the first time I've seen a widebody on the schedule.
- repositioning from a charter
- maintenance
- one-off of unusually heavy cargo
- aircraft availability

Take your pick.
folkart and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 9:58 pm

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by billdokes
Does anyone know why they are operating a 777 200LR for this route for this one flight on this one day?

Have been flying through YEG to/from YYZ for the past few months and this is the first time I've seen a widebody on the schedule.
There was also a few-months stretch in 2023 where there was an inconsistent, but near-daily, dreamliner on this route. I'd give concrete numbers but I don't know much about it since I was never interested in the timings, there's discussion upthread. You'll just have to trust me!
Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AC is rostering a "leased 763" on a YYZ-LAX-YYZ rotation in June 2024. Wonder if this is a return of the Omni Air wet lease or some other aircraft?

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/231227-acjun24lax
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
AC is rostering a "leased 763" on a YYZ-LAX-YYZ rotation in June 2024. Wonder if this is a return of the Omni Air wet lease or some other aircraft?

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/231227-acjun24lax
When I checked yesterday, the J19/Y222 config in the schedule matches one of the Omni 763 configs. However, now it looks like it has been removed, and the schedule now shows 787-8.

Aeroroutes also reporting it's removed: https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/231228-acjun24lax
Old Dec 29, 2023, 12:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Good news for J pax and would-be PE pax (the Omni 763 does not have PE). Probably more of a tossup for Y pax--more modern cabin and IFE on the AC 788 vs a more spacious 2-3-2 layout on the Omni 763.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.