Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Any quick (and cheap) way to earn 2500 Aeroplan points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond

Hi, I'm short of 2500 aeroplan points to book a partner award ticket. I'm not living in Canada so the credit card points transfer option is limited. Is there any budgeted way of getting this 2500 points other than buying it from their website? One option is transferring the Marriott hotel points to Aeroplan but it wasn't that ideal....
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:10 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by cy1978hk
Hi, I'm short of 2500 aeroplan points to book a partner award ticket. I'm not living in Canada so the credit card points transfer option is limited. Is there any budgeted way of getting this 2500 points other than buying it from their website? One option is transferring the Marriott hotel points to Aeroplan but it wasn't that ideal....
Dumb question, but do you have any Amex MRs?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 11:24 am

LCBO doing some kind of point promotion which give you 3x or 4x earning.
Also CIBC Aeroplan credit card is doing 500 point promotion for any online purchase of $100+

However, I think the easiest and quickest way is to convert from other loyalty program, or buy points. Or use family program to share points with family

FYI - https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...sharing.html#/

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 3, 2022 at 5:36 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Just buy the points. It costs less than $100. You'll be kicking yourself if you miss the availability.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum
Transfer the marriott points. It's the best value out of your options. Marriott points are losing value at an alarming rate anyway.
cy1978hk likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by dorakk
LCBO doing some kind of point promotion which give you 3x or 4x earning.
Also CIBC Aeroplan credit card is doing 500 point promotion for any online purchase of $100+

However, I think the easiest and quickest way is to convert from other loyalty program, or buy points. Or use family program to share points with family
it appears that the OP is in Singapore
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:33 am

Marriott makes the most sense then?
cy1978hk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.