Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

TD Gold Travel Visa - is it worth it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TD Gold Travel Visa - is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 7:03 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MoreMiles:
Like you said, most miles reward are valued at 1.5%</font>
The TD Travel Visa offers an incredible 7.5% return on travel booked through their agency - which is great if you are a heavy travel purchaser. Their "Sabre lite" system is not the greatest in the world, and their agents are very hit and miss, however.

Avion also has obvious AAdvantages if you are hooked into AA - an enlightened US airline with no blackouts, and an instant KK program open to all members for front and back cabin.

------------------
Saturday nights should be spent with family.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 7:34 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:

Now - any bonuses for AVION??? Please!!! I know there were some for up to 10,000 points some time ago.
</font>
5000 Bonus + Double miles until the end of the year. http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/cards/promo/marchbreak/

Hope this helps

------------------
Rewards Canada Frequent Flier Resource
Rewards Canada

[This message has been edited by superdawg (edited 10-22-2003).]
Old Oct 22, 2003, 9:44 am

I started to use the card about a month ago. I have the TD Select account and do not pay any fees. Plus my Wife and I both get the Gold Travel Card without any annual fee. The sign up bonus was 12,500 points a month ago so we had 25,000 points between us. 5000 points = $75.00 so we got $375.00 to use on travel for nothing. Good deal. I cancelled my Silver Diners as I do not want all my points / miles going to A.P.

The Gold Card does not give lounge access as Diners does. The lounges are so far and few between that I have only used this feature once.

Biggles.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The 12,500 point bonus - was this an offer you received or how was it marketed?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 10:36 am

I saw someone at the bank regarding a missing receipt. They offered me the bonus and I accepted. Had never used Visa before. Just D.C. and M.C.

Biggles.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Biggles:

I saw someone at the bank regarding a missing receipt. They offered me the bonus and I accepted. Had never used Visa before. Just D.C. and M.C.

Biggles.
</font>
Splendid - I shall definitely make the inquiry at my branch as I have been in touch with the branch manager. Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 4:02 pm

Location: Here, There and Everywhere (but now on the Pacific)!
Programs: AC E75, MPC G and NEXUS/GE fan, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, National EE, Amex Plat
Not only does the Avion card offer you 2 points for every dollar spent on purchases (until the end of the year), but you will be able to transfer your points to BA's Executive Club and get a 50% bonus on any miles transferred.

(See the link at http://www.britishairways.com/avionexchange/ )

For example, you could make $35,000 worth of purchases, receive 70,000 points, and move them over to BA and get 105,000 points. This is enough for a long-haul business class flight.

Additionally, BA allows you the use of your points to upgrade to a better class of service.

IMHO, the Avion card is the best one out there, by far.

[This message has been edited by kpalle (edited 10-22-2003).]
Old Oct 22, 2003, 4:17 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Biggles:

Biggles.
</font>
FYI, from someone who works in the credit industry. MC and some dept stores will often report a 1 day late payment to Equifax. Visa and Amex are more lenient, recognising that people may be away when the bill arrives, or may forget. I have seen many otherwise good credit ratings, tarnished thanks to MC and some dept stores (the customers could have also paid by the due date to avoid the problem)
Biggles, I am NOT insinuating you may fall in this category, however, reading your post reminded me to post this as an FYI.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...also, if you value miles at 3 cents, the 2500 you get each year is worth $75, so the net cost of the card is really $45 per year. Creative justification eh? No free miles with Aerogold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.