Wiki Posts
Search

Random seat change question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Random seat change question

Hi all,

I'm flying J class with my wife and child this weekend from YYZ - BCN on AC. I got a text message earlier today (flight on Sunday) that my wife's seat was changed from 1A to 1D. Two minutes later, I got a text message (along with email) that her seat was changed again, but this time back to 1D.

I was a bit confused so I called the 35K customer service # and the rep told me that the message I received was in regards to my return flight - but the odd thing is that there was no internal message on her system. What she did notify me (to my surprise) was that my wife's seat was no longer visible/found no the seat map and that all of the other seats were blocked off and she couldn't see any details beyond the fact that they were 4 eUpgrade passengers.

I was surprised as neither the text or email stated that there were any changes from YYZ - BCN but upon checking, she was now assigned to 1A. Apparently the reason why her seat wasn't initially available is due to a aircraft change.

I've been tracking this flight and I know aircraft changes happen here and there (this leg is always on 333-300), and the leg coming in is in the new J class config and likewise is the case with my return flight. I asked the rep if there was any chance that there might be another change back to the original layout (D row). She said that "it's really rare for such last minute aircraft changes to occur, so if that happens, it will create a big mess unless it's before check-in opens" and to keep an eye out for any emails or texts.

I want to know if these last minute changes do occur and if I might have any luck flying out in the new J class config on the 333? I'm well aware that these "last minute" changes happen more often now than before so I took her words on that with a grain of salt but wanted to ask the community if they could shed some light on this. Apparently the flight is full and all 27 J class seats are taken, so what is the chance that this flight will change back to the original layout? As I mentioned earlier, I've checked seat maps for this flight earlier and they've all had the new J class config except randomly for this flight, so any insight would be great.

FYI: The most recent change put the aircraft as FIN 931 - I've read in previous threads that this aircraft primarily serves NA/Caribbean, so I'm shocked to see the only old-config aircraft flying to Europe. Any chance this will be changed last minute? Since my wife's ticket was changed from D to A, if this change does occur, will it go back to D or a random seat?

Last edited by flyer_sam; Jul 29, 2022 at 7:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.